• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Ported loud and mean Poulan 2500

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I put this saw together a few years ago for the 42cc Wildthing races at Sean's Illinois GTG. I ported it, hogged out the muffler with a big outlet and put a bigger carb on it. It ran very well and took 2nd or 3rd if I remember right, behind Arrowheads very wild Wildthing. The saw got new ring, seals etc at that time.

I ran the saw with a 7 tooth rim drive and 3/8's lp chain. I needed a small saw a while ago to use and switched it to a new 3/8's spur with a new bar and chain. The saw is very fun to run and runs oils and cuts great.

I have had some fun with it now and again, pulling it out to put the smack down on some proud Farm Boss owner. :laugh:

I don't need this thing anymore and thought someone else could have some fun with it. Its still a great small wood, limbing saw but I will say it likes its gas and gets a bit finicky with idle settings sometimes, but not bad. 101_0053 (Custom).JPG 101_0055 (Custom).JPG 101_0058 (Custom).JPG

I'll take $100 shipped for it but again Alaska, Hawaii, California, Washington and Oregon might be a bit more with shipping.

I forgot to add, that when I got this back out a while ago and was waiting on the new 3/8's LP sprocket, I slapped a .325 x 7 on it and it ran that setup very well. Most 40cc saws don't like a .325 setup very well, but this one did. Also last time I tuned it and put the tach on it, it was still 4 stroking a bit at around 13800.

Latest posts

Back