Nor Cal & North SF Bay GTG (November 11-14, 2022)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that where they want everybody to camp?

I believe so. The idea was that it's a large enough area that we can camp together and have some of the Saturday GTG activities there. People that wanted to camp elsewhere would be accommodated.

The early gas engine guys will be in front of the visitors center if I understand things correctly. There's a large oak down the area near the horse barn. That'd be the 'cookie cutting' wood....

I believe so. The idea was that it's a large enough area that we can camp together and have some of the Saturday GTG activities there. People that wanted to camp elsewhere would be accommodated.

The early gas engine guys will be in front of the visitors center if I understand things correctly. There's a large oak down the area near the horse barn. That'd be the 'cookie cutting' wood....

Good. We'll be there sometime around noon on Friday. Bruce said something about wanting to photograph a display of antique logging tools so I'll bring some tongs, a peavey, and my caulks. They're antiques but I still use them all the time. There's a message there somewhere but I'm not sure what it is. :rolleyes:

Glad to hear gentlemen. I really appreciate all you folks traveling to see us and help the park once again. Will miss Patty and Cody and Randy and everyone else who cannot make it this time.

OK, back in town. Hope you all got settled in OK... Will see whoever is there in the AM :)

A few folks are there now. Two from Grass Valley, and two from Washington state. More hopefully will be there in the AM.

Tomorrow will be the big messy oak behind the horse barn (as well as socializing).

Sunday will be the volunteer work day. Lots to do. A plan is forming. I'm back home helping with a sick 6 month old. Will be back at the park in the AM. Bedtime...

Well we put another one in the books. Had a good time. Chilli lunch and Stew dinner :D

Made a lot of Oak into fire wood and bearing blocks and such. That will really help the Parks. Took down some Hazard Trees and did some next gen woodsman training (and got it on video for future use :) ). No public issues, a few of us got to close to moving wood once or twice, but all good in the end :)

Most folks got to use their stuff and only broke a few saws here and there:popcorn:

So thanks to all who came and helped out. We're figuring this out as we go and it seems to be working ...

To Nate and Kevin - many thanks for driving all that way (from Wash State ...). You guys did a bunch and I hope you'all get home safe and well :clap:

Will be posting pics as I get them sorted out in the next few days ...

Info - next years event will have to move to the second weekend in November. There is a conflict with another event in the Park on the first weekend... Suggest we start another thread for the Nor-Cal Bothe GTG about 6 months out for next year ...

IMG_20141101_095859755_zpsvzdejjgt.jpg

Twodogs giving the morning safety briefing. Yes those are my fingers on the edge of my phone...

IMG_20141101_111351418_zpsxslykwd3.jpg

IMG_20141101_111831686_HDR_zps1nr0hd6i.jpg

IMG_20141101_111838860_HDR_zpscnn0ekug.jpg

IMG_20141101_111835661_zpspsaxkq4u.jpg

IMG_20141101_122234437_zpsp4pvupoi.jpg

Some of the crew bucking up large oak limbs. Hopefully others have more pics of this...

IMG_20141101_110326216_zpsh0qqcdmk.jpg

IMG_20141101_110244895_zpsrdgnwd4i.jpg

IMG_20141101_110158648_HDR_zpsu9xrezzd.jpg

IMG_20141101_110216912_HDR_zpso4stxp3l.jpg

IMG_20141101_121339659_zps3jrqusaw.jpg

Gologit with his 'new' PM-850.

IMG_20141102_151258655_HDR_zps2atcfmis.jpg

IMG_20141102_151304769_zpswvu7fufq.jpg

Madhatte resting after some plant rehabilitation.

Info - next years event will have to move to the second weekend in November. There is a conflict with another event in the Park on the first weekend... Suggest we start another thread for the Nor-Cal Bothe GTG about 6 months out for next year ...

I am still on the east coast flying home tomorrow. I am so sorry I missed the GTG. I'm already looking forward to next year.

Did you consider pulling it up to the third weekend in October? There may be a lower chance of rain.

Back