Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Impressive work the loggers of the day did. All hand work (no such thing as a chainsaw in those days). Lots of axe work, 2 man crosscut saws, etc. Then load logs and have the teamsters haul them to the river to wait for the spring thaw. Work outside in the winter before gore tex, polypropolene and thinsulate.

Impressive work the loggers of the day did. All hand work (no such thing as a chainsaw in those days). Lots of axe work, 2 man crosscut saws, etc. Then load logs and have the teamsters haul them to the river to wait for the spring thaw. Work outside in the winter before gore tex, polypropolene and thinsulate.
Despite being very experienced, I cannot imagine the amount and severity of injuries when something bad did happen around all of those big logs.

a good team of draft horse's can and did pull loads of that quality... equipped with ice cleat/winter shoes pulling on a frozen down (water drenched, frozen to slicken the pulling from friction) skid road once it's broke free! this load looks to be all hard wood tho, soft woods weight will very! so I am told? "four ups" were used to "double team" with the pictured loads.....

here is a ash my helper and i have been working on
79829-f4613eeecf77ca4c146861c8f40075f0.jpg

Attachments

• al's phone 001.jpg
    al's phone 001.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 180
Next to the garage for now. I hope to buy some land behind me in the future. If not I am going to build a 40 ft long 6 ft deep fire wood storage and it will also be a privacy fence to my neighbor on the right. Might as well make a dual purpose fence! Also plan a small building to house my saws, tractor, atv , splitter etc. That will be my splitting area. For now it's a pile where ever I feel like throwing [emoji20]

73a2198dffcf176eb362ea94e15b83db.jpg

It's called SNOW. ;)
Been a fairly mild winter so far, had a little cold snap the week of Christmas but not a lot of snow. By this time last year we could hardly get out in the woods anymore.

I just bought a processor from just north of Daytona Beach Florida (to the left). I still can't figure it out but I suppose the entire country burns wood in some form or fashion.....remember, fires are one of natures most powerful aphrodisiacs......:happybanana:View attachment 397532
I was thinking the same thing, firewood in Florida? Like you said though. Who makes the processor?

Back