Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got it cleaned up a little last week. Still lots of trash/bark/chips on ground. Couple wagons behind pallets in background. Then a large pile that may stay or stack, depending on how I feel. ABout 16' long and 10' wide 7-8' tall.

20150427_203528_zpsd56709f9.jpg

Oh, that far left pallet is all 1"x2"x48" pine kindling.
20150427_203537_zps500529ba.jpg

IMG_0192_zpsf334cca9.jpg

IMG_0194_zpsc903e9d1.jpg

Here is some stuff got dropped off today, I posted it in the Scrounge thread, but not all read that.....2 loads ash 14-16' long 7' tall stack
20150427_203508_zps6c63a56c.jpg

Kind of out of order, some stuff got moved. Sunny pics are older

I split at two locations on my property.

This one is by the house.
image.jpg

This one is about 1/2 mile up the driveway.
For those who were around when I had my run in with Katherine (the neighbor from hell), this is where I was cutting when we had our first.........................encounter.
image.jpg

Working away on my firepit wood.

My wife told me to stack my wood here (two rows deep).
View attachment 423796

I needed more room so the next load went here:
View attachment 423798

I still have room here so I may want to go back for one more load before we burn some of this.

View attachment 423799
Nice Deck! I used to have a big deck like that but I got tired of staining it every two years! I tore it down and built one out of maintance free decking, love that you dont ever have to tich it but due to the cost, I had to downsize.......a lot.

Nice Deck! I used to have a big deck like that but I got tired of staining it every two years! I tore it down and built one out of maintance free decking, love that you dont ever have to tich it but due to the cost, I had to downsize.......a lot.
I hear you. We have a composite deck at the family cabin. Except for being a but slippery in wet snow we love it. Wood decks are always in some state of disrepair it seems. Except for the deck at my hunting cabin which is built with treated lumber. Sweep it off and you are good for another year.

Are you going to have problems with critters living under your deck, with it walled in like that?

Philbert
There's nothing but crushed rock underneath there so I doubt it. I did see a baby bunny run underneath there but he was long gone when I tried to show the kids.

Back