Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome pic Ben.

Thanks.

The sad part is that it's rinse repeat every year like that. It has never grown on itself year to year. That's one spring/summer/fall's worth of work.

A new stove is in the works this winter, so hopefully things will change.

Thanks.

The sad part is that it's rinse repeat every year like that. It has never grown on itself year to year. That's one spring/summer/fall's worth of work.

A new stove is in the works this winter, so hopefully things will change.
New like fabricated or new from a factory?

New like fabricated or new from a factory?

Fabricated.

With what we have learned in the last 8 or so years from dealing with the current one....we can build a kick ass stove.

Like how on the Big Bang Theory they have physics problems on their dry erase boards......we have woodstove schematics on ours.....seriously.

Plus a little perk of adding a spent oil burner into the mix for about 5 minutes after the fan kicks on. There's 600 gallons of used motor oil out back and the burner aparatus in the lean to...so why not. Get things going a little quicker.

bdb757b13b82eebd4e21c508ab92d7a6.jpg

Load 7 in the yard.

Making headway on the splitting 3 cords or so

670ca6c3045ce6899f2c30a6e8e160d5.jpg

Brian

Dropped load 8. It wasn't completely full but it hit 85 here today in central MN so I threw in the towel. Literally, I switched wood stove back to the pool Saturday am and we just got out. One final hoorah.

e870294d9bc8b094531e151b03fc068d.jpg

Brian

Brian

View attachment 453117 Here is what we are working on now. Clearing some woods.
I wish my pile was all bucked up like that. I just threw all lengths into a big pile last year when scrounging because of time crunch of getting it off the scrounge location. It is such a pain to process out of now. Plus I have a lot of stuff between 16-18 inch and have to cut it down to 14 for ideal size for my stove.

I wish my pile was all bucked up like that. I just threw all lengths into a big pile last year when scrounging because of time crunch of getting it off the scrounge location. It is such a pain to process out of now. Plus I have a lot of stuff between 16-18 inch and have to cut it down to 14 for ideal size for my stove.
Funny, my dad and his friend help me cut once and awhile and I have to keep reminding them my stove will handle around 30". But I can't complain!

Brian

Good job by all you out there. A lot of hard work and effort just to see it go up in smoke. I haven't decided if all this cutting, splitting and stacking is keeping us young or making us grow old. Either way,I know myself, I will keep at it till I cant. Keep up the hard work.

Latest posts

Back