Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Three loads of this added to the stacked pile with the help of my worker. OK, the truth, he did most of the work.
IMG_20160116_170348967_zpsqihxejgy.jpg

My current splitting location. 1 1/2 reick (30' long) to go on splitting a 4 cord order for delivry late this year. Willow but I get $120/cord. I am clear cutting a long row of old, dying willow for a farmer. I'm in it solely for the excercise but the sales (7 cord this year) don't hurt.

splitting_zpso4kwwmq6.jpg

Almost finished with 2nd rick (2 cord/rick) of willow. Back of that is somewhere around 20 cords Black Locust (love that stuff). Another around 40 cord of B.L. in 3 other areas. The B.L. is my retirement fund when I get too old to be playing with chainsaws (currently 80).

splitting_zpso4kwwmq6.jpg

Well nuts...Wrong pic and 'edit' won't let me delete...at least i couldn't find a way to do it. Here is the correct pic.

hord_zps8zzy75xi.jpg

I have a splitter but do eveything I can by hand with my Fiskar's x27. I put in about an houir a daw weather permitting. The foreground stuff on the right is the rejects from the Fiskars - knots/crotches. Those will go through the splitter or be noodled.

Harry K

Man at 80 your doing doing good keep after it your doing what 30 year olds won't do around here rock and roll man

I working on the "use it or lose it" theory. all I have to do is sit on my rear a day or two and it is noticeable. today is 'sit on rear', had about 2" snow last night which is rapidly melting but things are just too sloppy to work on the woodpile.

Harry K

It was my sons club house when he was small.We use it for storage now.I built from lumber from saw mill.

>I built from lumber from saw mill.

oic!; nice... easy to see the Woods still do woods like the Woods wood (would) in days past... nice wood project, sitting there proudly on edge of woodlot... wood foundation or concrete? wood trim out inside or wood studs? would your son have a lot of Wood's club members, or wood he be a club of one? as I say... nice project. guess the clubhouse has weather well there... :numberone:

;)

I working on the "use it or lose it" theory. all I have to do is sit on my rear a day or two and it is noticeable. today is 'sit on rear', had about 2" snow last night which is rapidly melting but things are just too sloppy to work on the woodpile.

Harry K

I think I am going to make me a new 'wood splitting' sign... set it up whenever if I feel the wood tasks ahead seem a bit too daunting... hang it in garage for routine viewing...

my new sign proposal:

" If Turnkey can do it at 80, then
me, too... I can turnkey these wood
stumps into splits and stix!! :) "

" Go Turnkey!!!!.... " you :rock:

Back