Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going to split this up this weekend. I plan on squeezing 700 to 750 cord out of it. Then I won't have to cut wood for 10 years. Don't know why I never thought of this plan before [emoji39]

4687bccfb2ac4872f78e86aa09bd3fe1.jpg

Brian

IMG_0925.JPG IMG_0926.JPG

Started splitting the "small" pieces of oak we had from the last load. Mostly white and burr oak. The one picture is of some rounds that must have some metal growing in the tree or something. That black spot went through about 4-6 pieces that I cut. Luckily I never found the metal if thats what its from.

View attachment 485182 View attachment 485183 it's been tuff this last year gettin' wood hauled in,so now that the pulp market is on quota now I was able to snag 185+ cords of red oak.

wow... makes me want to get up, kick myself in the a**... and go split wood! sometimes I am almost ashamed at my meager urban logging ops... and i am by local 'homeowner' standards... a very large operator!! :) here I got maybe couple cords on property to split... currently, and many out there consider less than 100 cords... little more than kindling...

humbling!~

great pix! speaks a thousand words, each pix! :)

that is a lot of wood! wow

wow... makes me want to get up, kick myself in the a**... and go split wood! sometimes I am almost ashamed at my meager urban logging ops... and i am by local 'homeowner' standards... a very large operator!! :) here I got maybe couple cords on property to split... currently, and many out there consider less than 100 cords... little more than kindling...

humbling!~

great pix! speaks a thousand words, each pix! :)

that is a lot of wood! wow

I put in a hour or more a day, as long as the weather is workable, working around the wood pile, mostly splitting with a Fiskars and wedge/sledge. Need to get the old bod woke up. Have to move seveeral cords of Black Locust so I can fix a fence, light bulb went off. If I gotta move it, at least fill empty parts of the woodshed while doing it!. Wagon load pr two of wood a day will get a lot of it moved.

Harry K

View attachment 485347 View attachment 485348

Started splitting the "small" pieces of oak we had from the last load. Mostly white and burr oak. The one picture is of some rounds that must have some metal growing in the tree or something. That black spot went through about 4-6 pieces that I cut. Luckily I never found the metal if thats what its from.

oic; those are the 'small' rounds, eh?? lol. never heard of burr oak. guess there are many kinds. red, white, water, post... are names of oak more familiar to me. nice splitter w/catcher!... but it's your tractor that catches my eye... looks like it can do a lot of work... but with chains? a tractor with chains??....

oh my! now that... makes a statement!!!

we see a lot of tractors down here, but never seen one with chains!

oh my! now that does... make a statement!!!

:drinkingcoffee:

Back