Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's not bad at all.
I have a bit of the lumber, but will need all the structural stuff.
I like your design for my place here and it's plenty big enough foe my shoulder-burning firewood needs by the looks of it.
My primary heat source is a large wood pellet stove of which I burn around 120 bags a season and I store them inside.
I was thinking of using tight spaced roof rafters and then putting PAL clear roofing on it to get suns heat on top in summer.
But that may cost way too much.
How big is it? What's the footprint of each cell and how high is the roof?

Each side is 7 1/2 x 8 and the roof is 7 1/2 sloping down to 6 1/2 if I remember correctly. Packed tight should hold 7 ish cords

That is a mini excavator with a thumb. Easily the most useful piece of equipment I own. For firewood I use it to lift logs for cutting, loading truck with wood, cleanup etc. Im also a general contractor so it is a dual purpose machine.
Loading whole logs or splits? I have a tractor with forks...wish it had a thumb more times than not.

For both. Before I got the built rite w log lift I used to use it to put bucks on the brave that the guys couldn't/ didn't want to lift.
It makes great sense for loading logs but it must take forever to load splits? I have a 5' bucket for my tractor but it takes so long to load with it, I can do it faster by hand. Might be a different story if I stored the wood on pavement or concrete but that's not an option for me.

It makes great sense for loading logs but it must take forever to load splits? I have a 5' bucket for my tractor but it takes so long to load with it, I can do it faster by hand. Might be a different story if I stored the wood on pavement or concrete but that's not an option for me.
I have it in piles on dirt but I reach into pile and grab so it grabs a giant claw full at once. Buckets on tractor and bobcat seem to push too much stuff around. Been thinking about a rock bucket but conveyor first so I can cut back on labor when splitting

Load 6 is on the ground! Bummer though the Bobcat keeps shutting itself off and throwing error code 14-02 fuel shut off solenoid error. [emoji35]

477ebbce505aa6d1d6039a8ccfa2ffb8.jpg

Brian

Latest posts

Back