Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The growing pile before I know it I'll have pallets of wood everywhere.
f21dab086ea2141d7bd6906ca4ac02d9.jpg

d5f34f9985aba4fb912ac040e62a2b0b.jpg

sent from my electronic leash

Here's what I've got split for now... Still got two big piles of pin oak rounds to split and two big piles of 4' hickory logs to buck and split. That's roughly 5' high, and my best guess is about 85' linear feet of 18" splits. That gives me just a touch under 5 cords ready to go. I might burn 1 per year, so...

I've also got about 2/3 of a cord stacked inside the barn for easy access this winter. I'm feeling pretty good about my current situation as far as firewood goes, but I'll be out later this week splitting more. Never can get too far ahead of the game.IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_3054.JPG Almost another course added this afternoon. Nearly all Black Cherry. Miserable here today with a cold southerly wind and temps in the low teens. We split in the alley way (Iowa farm boy speak) of the barn that at least gets us out of the wind. The haul in with the loader tractor (no cab), was "fresh". Have an entire wagon load of oak to split yet which will finish this bay.

PA Farm boy here, we got no alleyway, and no longer have a barn, fell down almost 10 years ago, and wasn't safe to work in for 10 years before that. So, we had no wind break. But, it was plenty fresh at 11° before the 7-11mph wind. We don't refer to wind chill. Hardly seems right to make up two different thermometer readings. Besides, Brrr-damn cold is plenty descriptive. And when my fingers or toes feel cold, I look over at Scout running barefoot.
IMG_9401.JPG

View attachment 549418 Almost another course added this afternoon. Nearly all Black Cherry. Miserable here today with a cold southerly wind and temps in the low teens. We split in the alley way (Iowa farm boy speak) of the barn that at least gets us out of the wind. The haul in with the loader tractor (no cab), was "fresh". Have an entire wagon load of oak to split yet which will finish this bay.
Another Iowa farm boy here and yes it was plenty chilly today. Where exactly are you from? I'm south of Waterloo, west of Cedar Rapids and east of Marshalltown (easy triangulation there). Super nice stacks in the barn!!

She does, but unfortunately, she's not worth a tinkers s***'! She's one of those that feels she's "entitled". Wouldn't give you a plug nickel for her. Just ask her TWO previous husbands... And now, back to our regularly scheduled program already in progress.

Back