Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another surprise drop off. No idea which tree guy is bringing these small loads but its fun to come home to a new pile. lol

Not sure what this is. Sugar Maple? White Oak? I'll ask my 76yr old neighbor later. He'll know.

cFlKBXyh.jpg

DlhgaSHh.jpg

Tr4c8FUh.jpg

My brother in law is a carpenter and told me to call him when I get pretty designs like this.

mvIRJghh.jpg

Might look cool, but I would hate to be paying the fuel and maintenance bills for the production it is making!

The Tempest would be a great machine for resizing big stuff so it could be picked up and run through a splitter.

As for the first one that Cantoo posted...
One "Opps!" ...and the butt of that log is coming thru the cab!

The Tempest would be a great machine for resizing big stuff so it could be picked up and run through a splitter.

As for the first one that Cantoo posted...
One "Opps!" ...and the butt of that log is coming thru the cab!

Safety first, I think I picked this up at MSHA training;
Don't get bloody, cut toward your buddy!

a691b8d1ea4e08c2aca694c42626669d.jpg

f4fd4f2c775c5979486ccff81e70f0ea.jpg

Purchased 20 of these totes the other day from a plastic recycler for $5 each!!!

I cut one side open with a sawzall and move all my firewood around with pallet forks on the tractor. Keep the wood in the sun in the summer and under the barn lean to in the barn in the winter.

Hope to get all 20 of these full in the next month weather permitting.

Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Details on the cart if you have time.

Polar 1500 Cart from Northern Tool, with side rail extension kit.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200311375_200311375
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200338905_200338905

• Dump feature with quick release tipper latch makes loading and unloading easy
  • Rugged polyethylene bed and all-steel frame won't rust, dent or corrode
  • Pass-through axle for extra clearance to allow your Polar Trailer to roll over nearly any terrain
  • Wide-track tires with sealed bearings that don't need greasing
  • 72in.L x 40in.W x 18in.H
Larger tires float over the wet yard without tearing up.

pricey, but worth it.

Do you have any idea how much one of those totes weigh when full? My tractor stats say the 3 point will lift 2800 pounds. Some of the logs I was messing with last week must have been pushing the limit. If I hooked on to the draw bar it picked them up like a tooth pick. But, if I hooked to the boom, about four feet back, it was too much leverage and it would just get the front edge up high enough to slide a chain under the log. The tractor is a Massey 135, Joe.

a691b8d1ea4e08c2aca694c42626669d.jpg

f4fd4f2c775c5979486ccff81e70f0ea.jpg

Purchased 20 of these totes the other day from a plastic recycler for $5 each!!!

I cut one side open with a sawzall and move all my firewood around with pallet forks on the tractor. Keep the wood in the sun in the summer and under the barn lean to in the barn in the winter.

Hope to get all 20 of these full in the next month weather permitting.

Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Putting the gransfors to work View attachment 562667

Latest posts

Back