Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would you have bought the stacker if the moldy wood wasn't a problem?

Yes.
I was stacking in wood racks. The Posch is a huge improvement and eliminates that for me, and makes handling easier.
I still unload deliveries by hand, which is very slow and needs to change, as finances allow. (three years out)
If I used large bags I would still have the same issue delivering, unless I switched to a skid steer or something trailerable.
I'm hearing three super bags per cord, but I'm not believing that.

I'm hearing three super bags per cord, but I'm not believing that.[/QUOTE]

They sell a 4x4 tote bag here for 70$ and consider it .75 of a face cord. The one guy I talked to said 4 for a cord (4x4x8)

Good afternoon, New f100_1266.JPG 100_1263.JPG irewood dealer here from the Northeast. Here is some pictures of processed firewood ready to be re-distributed. Our firewood is Heat Treated/Pest Free approved and remains dry to the end user.

Attachments

• 100_1356.JPG
    100_1356.JPG
    510.3 KB · Views: 126
  • 100_1353.JPG
    100_1353.JPG
    567.8 KB · Views: 137
  • 100_1311.JPG
    100_1311.JPG
    732.3 KB · Views: 105
They sell a 4x4 tote bag here for 70$ and consider it .75 of a face cord. The one guy I talked to said 4 for a cord (4x4x8)
? That math is obviously wrong.[/QUOTE]

face cord being 16"x4x8 x 3 = 4'x4'x8' a Cord no?

.75 x 4 = 3 face cord, 3 face cord = a cord

unless i am doing it wrong?

Oh...ok...I thought you were saying that one bag is 4'x4'
So that means two bags are a cord
I guess you can't fill the bags then
(cord is 4'x4'x8' right?)

i think you just have to think of throwing wood in the back of a truck or dump trailer. a 4'x4' bag with air gaps i guess would give you .75 of a face cord. if you staked wood in the bag, 2 would be a cord. but i don't think you would be able to lift it being to heavy then

I got about half cord of Silver Maple cut, split and stacked yesterday.
That stuff is heavy when wet, but so light when dry. It was free and dropped off at the house so I'm happy about that.
Also stacked a little bit of Red Oak.
I have to get felling my 4 large Trembling Aspen and some Cedars that I need to drop before I get building the new garage.
Got a welding job to do today and probably tomorrow too so felling will wait for now.
I hope my welding helmet battery is still good( I'll have to pick up some spares. I think it takes 2 x 2012's)
IMG_20170504_084759.jpg IMG_20170504_084818.jpg
Silver Maple...............Red Oak

i think you just have to think of throwing wood in the back of a truck or dump trailer. a 4'x4' bag with air gaps i guess would give you .75 of a face cord. if you staked wood in the bag, 2 would be a cord. but i don't think you would be able to lift it being to heavy then
Ya, woods pretty heavy stuff
Most people that don't work with fresh cut wood have no idea when I say that i cut and stacked 4000 lbs of wood one the weekend...lol
Keeps me fit and out of trouble and provides some heat for the house......
AND....I get to play with some cool toys ( oops... tools)

I'm spending the afternoon splitting up a couple of big birch I dropped last spring. I can tell you that I'll never let birch season in the round again as these are significantly more work to split than fresh cut.

I've got the S2800 which certainly gets the job done but of course I left the Isocore at home because I had no need for a heavy hitter or so I thought.

I'm about 90 percent done with the smaller of the two trees now.

IMG_7901.JPG

Missed this post earlier. Very nice.
Please post more about your operation.
How do you heat treat?
What are the hoops to doing that?
?

How do you heat treat? I don't kiln dry it myself. I buy it delivered in bulk and I just re-distribute it
What are the hoops to doing that?[/QUOTE] ? To be in compliance with state and federal regulations in the sale and movement of firewood. We have EAB in parts of the NE and they want to control the spread of EAB from entering into non-quarantine county's and bordering states via distributing treated firewood vs un-treated firewood.

I get that your wood is treated for bug control. I'm assuming that is done with heat in a kiln or container of some sort for a shorter time than kiln drying. Care to share anymore?
Your earlier post 6345, very nice!
Like I said before, I don't perform the actual heat treatment processing. True, its performed via kiln drying process to a 71/75 heat treatment. I was told that this treatment takes anywhere between 3 to 5 days to complete and is approved by USDA standards. Sorry, I cant be more helpful to you in the actual processing of "heat-treated/pest free" firewood. But, I can say that the finish product is an excellent product to sell in the retail market.

I went to C/L this am to view any new firewood posting on C/L. This image caught my attention and I wanted to share it with U. Its a good conversation piece. View attachment 579035

This what happens when you sell firewood by the pickup load and one of the clowns from this forum shows up at your place. Guy loads up and says "that was $50 a pickup load right"?

Latest posts

Back