Post your 2 series Husky thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya shouldn't be too hard to figure out!

Probably just swap a regular handle on it. Unless a 'g' flywheel just magically flies at me.

Ya shouldn't be too hard to figure out! Probably just swap a regular handle on it. Unless a 'g' flywheel just magically flies at me.

You'll need a lot more than just the flywheel unless you have the rest of the items stashed away? Generator, heated rear handle, on/off switch, wiring, etc???

The Husky service manual has a decent troubleshooting section for the heated handle. The handle should measure from 3 to 4 ohms.

Yup for sure. Have a few heated parts stashed for my next project. Wiring can be made up easy enough. But would need generator and flywheel to complete what I need for heat

I have a 254xpg that I built from the crank up. So at least I have something to compare too

You don't see the XPG carcasses for sale in eBay that often nor do you see the individual parts. I wonder what percentage of Husky's sales were for the 'G' option? I haven't cracked open my 272xpg carcass that I got the beginning of this year on ebay. I'm hoping its all there and working but it looks pretty humble so it's not likely. It is one of the early metal rear handle 272's.

Nice. Definitely would be a a nice g model to have.

Seems that they are pretty rare. I bought a pretty big lot of 254 and 262 carcasses. Most were g models. Sold alot of it. Kept 1 g model for myself. Bought it all for $75...

It works so Im happy about it. Selling the parts paid for the build

Yup for sure. Have a few heated parts stashed for my next project. Wiring can be made up easy enough. But would need generator and flywheel to complete what I need for heat

I have a 254xpg that I built from the crank up. So at least I have something to compare too

I see the generator on eBay for $50. But if you are like me, I would rather put that $50 towards a good carcass and end up with all the extra stuff.

You don't see the XPG carcasses for sale in eBay that often nor do you see the individual parts. I wonder what percentage of Husky's sales were for the 'G' option? I haven't cracked open my 272xpg carcass that I got the beginning of this year on ebay. I'm hoping its all there and working but it looks pretty humble so it's not likely. It is one of the early metal rear handle 272's.

XPG is close to 100% here, on new pro saws - but it will of course vary with the climate.

yes, defently over 95% with XPG here.
Ebay Germany I would think its more like 50-50.
Personaly I dont buy a chainsaw without heathed handle.

I don't either, unless I badly want a model that doesn't offer the option. The 339xp was the only one, so far.

However, one saw I would buy in an instant without it is a Dozerdan 346xp - not much else.

XPG handle from the newer time.
What other part to the XPG system do you miss?

I would need flywheel and generator for having heat on that saw. I have a nice switch, I could make up the wires easy enough.

XPG is close to 100% here, on new pro saws - but it will of course vary with the climate.

I've found quite a few people here like the heated handles as well. I've came across a bit of xpg and arctic carcasses.

Back