Poulan 245A parts if you please.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyBoy1986

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am in needs of a good piston and cylinder for either a poulan 245a or a 306a chainsaw. NOS parts would be awesome but anything in decent used shape will do more than fine. I am restoring one of these saws and recently am just getting back into it pretty deep. I've got all the other things I would need but a P&C will make it complete. Anyone interested in selling or possibly a trade for some other parts? Please let me know. Thanks for your time.

I am in needs of a good piston and cylinder for either a poulan 245a or a 306a chainsaw. NOS parts would be awesome but anything in decent used shape will do more than fine. I am restoring one of these saws and recently am just getting back into it pretty deep. I've got all the other things I would need but a P&C will make it complete. Anyone interested in selling or possibly a trade for some other parts? Please let me know. Thanks for your time.

Got one under the shed.
gimme a couple of days to look.
dont hear PM me.

awesome news. thanks for the quick reply. any others out there, still please let me know. I appreciate all the offers i can get lol. Thanks again guys.

Be aware it's not that easy to swap a 306 and 245 P/C with each other.

If you use a 245 P/C you will need a 245 rod and vice versa.

Honestly your probably as well off to find another saw as to find a NOS P/C.

There 35 years old and parts have not been made for a long time.

Be aware it's not that easy to swap a 306 and 245 P/C with each other.

If you use a 245 P/C you will need a 245 rod and vice versa.

Honestly your probably as well off to find another saw as to find a NOS P/C.

There 35 years old and parts have not been made for a long time.

My saw is a 245 and with that I understand what you mean. I didnt consider the stroke of the 306 being different like that. Thanks for bringing that up mark.

Good saw! I learned to cut wood in the late 70s' with a 245A and sold wood 10 years with it. Wished I'd kept it.

My saw is a 245 and with that I understand what you mean. I didnt consider the stroke of the 306 being different like that. Thanks for bringing that up mark.

I should have made myself more clear.

It's not because the stroke is different, its because the wrist pin size is different.

The 245 piston uses a larger pin. The 2445's small end of the connecting rod is larger then the 306's.

The crank pin dia and stroke is the same for the both of them.

I should have made myself more clear.

It's not because the stroke is different, its because the wrist pin size is different.

The 245 piston uses a larger pin. The 2445's small end of the connecting rod is larger then the 306's.

The crank pin dia and stroke is the same for the both of them.

Even better to know, either way the two P&C's must have a matching connecting rod as well. I appreciate the info.

Latest posts

Back