poulan 3500

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

albert

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I search about to saw and wanted to know about the cylinder. Is it not plated? thanks

Thanks, that thread is what made me ask. I haven't found out any more about the 3500. I'm replacing all the rubber lines and cleaning and kitting the carb for a guy. It's been sitting for a few years and all the tygon lines are gone.

Personally, i do not know. However, the discussion in;
http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=133360
implies that the 3500 cylinder is not chrome plated. But you can interchange with the Poulan Pro 365, which is.

My reply in that thread was that with a 365 cyl you would get a chrome cyl. I never said or meant to imply that the 3500 was unplated. I don't know for sure if it was or not.

I do know that I have a Poulan Parts list for Pistons, Cyls, cranks carbs etc and they list both the 3500 and 3600 as using the same part numbers as the Poulan Pro 365.

That said, that same chart list differnt part #'s for Poulan saws that I do know had unplated cyls then the same Poulan Pro saws that did have plated cyls.

To the OP, if that saw is in good internal shape it really dose not matter to most if the cyl is plated or not. The unplated saws run forever anyway if there given any kind of care at all. The plated cyls do tend to be a little more forgiving though if things go wrong.

with these saws, I have been told, and found to be true, there are no "for sures". As in all 2800s have un-plated cylinders. I have a Craftsman 2.8 that should have an un-plated cyl and plated piston, but its the other way around. Like mark said, pop that muffler off.

Mark, i am sorry for jumping to conclusions about your post in the other thread. I now realise you did not wish to imply anything about the nature of the plating on the 3500.
Albert, i apologise if i have misled you or anyone else.
:cheers:

BTW; Mark intriguing avatar. Is that Walter Brennan?

I just pulled the muffler and it's a plated cylinder and plain aluminum piston. I not set up for pics, sorry.

I just pulled the muffler and it's a plated cylinder and plain aluminum piston. I not set up for pics, sorry.

I thought that it would be, but now we know for sure. Thanks for checking and confirming.

That's actually Mark on his last birthday.:biggrinbounce2:

Yeah my last birthday 10 years ago. :hmm3grin2orange:

Back