Poulan 5020av reviews? Lots of questions Stuck fuel caps? Remington 4620?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevyforlife21

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Looking into one of these I've had much better saws at other times but these days can't afford much. I can get one of these refurbished for about $139 or new with case for $179. My other saw is a ms170 as my go to saw with 14 inch bar. I want this 20 incher for the odd probably 1 tank a year run through it. I don't have a woodstove mostly cut 20 logs for camping and an occasional tree side job when I can find a few a year. I already have the poulan carb tool and I've had many poulan pros never had a single problem. I'd love to get the new echo cs490 with it being lighter and all and I love echo but I really just want a cheap big saw laying around for when I get the stihl stuck or when it's to small. I can't justify an expensive saw laying around if I pay 350 for one I'll probably end up useing it 2 hours and selling it for half that when I need quick cash at some point. Have Done it many times before

Got some questions
Does this have those crappy plastic that reacts to gas and need pliers to unscrew the fuel cap like the poulans I had 5 years ago?

Does it come with an extra chain in the case?

Are the fuel lines very cheap and don't like ethanol? I had a 4620 that took me like 30 hours to change the lines ( I plan to use e free on jobs and tru fuel during the rest of the time)

No pp5020 comes with the tooless chain tensioner right?

What size file does the chain take?

How has yours held up and how long you had it and how much you use it?

Do you just run 50:1? ( no oil thread please)

Is this the same size chain and bar type as the husqvarna 445 455 series?

Any good places local Walmart hd lowes that can price match a cheap place online?

Any info on the Remington lowes now has?

Is the poulan 4818 still being made? Or did they just come out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the 5020 should have a 3/8 .050 70dl chain.
the new remingtons are chinese
50:1
different bar and chain than the huskys.
file is probably 7/32

The bar is the small mount husky bar ko95 in 3/8-50, I've got a bar from a 346 on my 5020 rite now.
They do not have toolless adjusters and I no longer have sticky gas caps since I quit using ethenol gas.
John

I've had mine for 3 years now...bought it based on Modified Mark's excellent thread he did when they first came out. I've got over 30 cords cut with mine so far; only problems were very rich carb from factory & the 20" bar is a little opptimistic for 50cc saw. Wood eater with 16" b&c. Changed to LPG chain instead of the stock Vanguard chain: big improvement...much easier to maintain.

Bought one says 2015 on it. Mine has a the kind of air filter with the wire clip over it not the washable plastic one I seem to see in videos. Was the saw updated and made better? Also my chain says 72 link weren't people saying it was 70 link. On more I feel stupid but the plate that goes between the clutch cover and bar I'm wondering if I put it back on correctly because my saw was making a huge mess on the garage floor of 5 minutes of idling and a few throttle blips.a gob the size of 2 quarters fell out along with the typical oil lines it's supposed to make whole floor is slippery

Latest posts

Back