poulan back pressure problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

husky hustler

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I got a poulan 3350 "Predator thingy" that will not run with a muffler on it. I cant even get it to fire with a muffler. The spark arrestor is clean, and there is no blockage in the muffler at all. We even tried a new muffler, and it will not run. The compression is fine, we rebuilt/reset the carb. Still nada! Any one ever had a similar problem? Thanx in advance for any help!

i dont think this is a backpressure issue if you have fitted a new muffler... suggestion of the grounding wire sounds like a good place to start.

was it running before the carb kit install?

sounds like its running ultra rich and by removing the muffler your letting the poor bu66er breathe...

poulan

I don't know about the 3350 but I put a new impulse line on a Poulan 3100 Timber Seeker today and it runs now. The old line had a crack in it and it would fire and die, fire and die with the old line. New impulse line fixxed that I'll tune it in tomorrow. Check the fuel and impulse lines for cracks.

Back