ArboristSite.com Sponsors

poulan back pressure problem

Discussion in 'Chainsaw' started by husky hustler, Oct 25, 2007.

1. husky hustler

husky hustler ArboristSite Member

I got a poulan 3350 "Predator thingy" that will not run with a muffler on it. I cant even get it to fire with a muffler. The spark arrestor is clean, and there is no blockage in the muffler at all. We even tried a new muffler, and it will not run. The compression is fine, we rebuilt/reset the carb. Still nada! Any one ever had a similar problem? Thanx in advance for any help!

2. scottr

scottr Addicted to ArboristSite

3. stevethekiwi

stevethekiwi Addicted to ArboristSite

i dont think this is a backpressure issue if you have fitted a new muffler... suggestion of the grounding wire sounds like a good place to start.

was it running before the carb kit install?

sounds like its running ultra rich and by removing the muffler your letting the poor bu66er breathe...

4. Marco

Marco Addicted to ArboristSite

check if the pulse line did not pull off at the crankcase, it happens if saw gets pinched and a Sampson like person tries to free it

5. geofore

geofore Addicted to ArboristSite

poulan

I don't know about the 3350 but I put a new impulse line on a Poulan 3100 Timber Seeker today and it runs now. The old line had a crack in it and it would fire and die, fire and die with the old line. New impulse line fixxed that I'll tune it in tomorrow. Check the fuel and impulse lines for cracks.