Poulan Pro PP4218AVX Carburertor Adjustment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hello,
Got to run the new saw for a minute a while ago. Got the carb adjusted up more or less. It wants to die if you chop the throttle in the middle of the cut or if you bump the saw after it idles for a bit but other wise it doesn't run bad. The chain on it is a bad joke but the say doesn't seem too bad. I tried to swap the chain from my other poulan onto it but the 4218 is not set up for .325 chain. It looks like 3/8 but I cant see 3/8 on such a small saw. What kind of chain does it have on it? Also, Where do you get a .325 sprocket for it? Let me know.
Thanks.

I have a couple of these Poulan chain saws, a 14" and a 20". They are both good saws.....for around home and light woodcutting. If I were a professional I probably would look elsewhere for a longer lasting saw. The older saws seemed to be better but were much heavier also.

Poulan PP4218AVX Service Manual?

I have a Poulan Pro PP4218AVX that is out of warranty. Does anyone know where I can go to get a Service Manual for it? I already have the Operators Manual, just looking to see if I can find a Service Manual. Thanks

Back