Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did just purchase a 4000 piston and ring set, I need a cylinder now

I "had" a used 4000 P/C I was saving. But I used it in that one I cobbled together from various parts for a friend of mine.
I tested the compression on that saw. Was 170 lbs. with a gasket! Kinda wish I had that one back. :surprised3:

Gregg,

This is my little "horde" of 4000's LOL

4000Pics022.jpg

And the one I painted blue. :dizzy:

3700Poulan021.jpg

Gregg,

Here's another picture of the 3400 I'm gonna get going to give to my Dad and the ugly yellow paint I have to try and get off. Pretty decent shape though otherwise and just needs some cleaning and a tune up.

20150131_081409.jpg 20150131_081431.jpg

Yea you made out like a bandit on that one, what all did you actually end up with? any rings with those pistons? I still need a 8500 cylinder to put back my last 8500.
Well it was ok, only maybe 25% real interesting.

Some had rings some not. The 5200 pistons did not... The 4000 and 335 did though.

I'll move some of these if someone needs some, I only got them for just a couple that interested me.

Just so you know, you can use a 5200 cyl on the 8500 but you have to cut and clearance the fins on the back of the cyl.

Here's another picture of the 3400 I'm gonna get going to give to my Dad and the ugly yellow paint I have to try and get off. Pretty decent shape though otherwise and just needs some cleaning and a tune up.

View attachment 399702 View attachment 399703

Does that 3400 have an adjustable oiler on it? It looks to be an "early" one by the oil cap and rear handle screw.

Gregg,

Does that 3400 have an adjustable oiler on it? It looks to be an "early" one by the oil cap and rear handle screw.

Gregg,

I think you're right Gregg, I hadn't looked at it that close yet. But he oil cap is different that my other 2 1982 models and the rear handle screw is round rather than hex shaped. Good spot! I'll have to see if it has the adjustable oiler when I get home tonight.

By the way Mark, I was out in the shop today, had to get a load of wood in today, and go get some diesel fuel, gettin ready for the damn snow they are squawkin about, headed this way tomorrow. :mad:

I do have that slotted 3700 top knot. Will send it west on the next available stage next week. ;)

Gregg,

go get some diesel fuel, gettin ready for the damn snow they are squawkin about, headed this way tomorrow. :mad:

Gregg,

Just got back in myself. Bought 20gal diesel, 10gal kerosene, 5gal of 93 mixed 32:1 and about 30gal or more of gas for gen.

Heck just never know. First time in years I have topped everything off. Love the prices, hope it stays down.

Just got back in myself. Bought 20gal diesel, 10gal kerosene, 5gal of 93 mixed 32:1 and about 30gal or more of gas for gen.

Heck just never know. First time in years I have topped everything off. Love the prices, hope it stays down.

Yea really. I think diesel was $2.69 I think last time I bought some, it was just under $4 :eek:

Gregg,

By the way Mark, I was out in the shop today, had to get a load of wood in today, and go get some diesel fuel, gettin ready for the damn snow they are squawkin about, headed this way tomorrow. :mad:

I do have that slotted 3700 top knot. Will send it west on the next available stage next week. ;)

Gregg,

Thanks Gregg, no hurry. Yeah I just heard about the snow. Its my fault that the snow is coming, I took the plow off my truck yesterday to go haul some logs..

On a good note, I got to try out my 365 since I done some work to it. I done a mild port job, deleted the base gasket, put a 3750 style intake boot on it with a NOS 164 carb. It was ripping through some frozen oak.

Wish I was out doing some cutting, kinda hard though when I'm sitting at work in my office.

Back