Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I've shipped a few already, maybe I'll throw it on the Tradin Post if I can't sell it here soon.
I'd sell the 3400. Like others said it won't bring as much as the 3800 but 3400s are more common. From an enthusiast/collector view I'd keep the 3800.
Now you gotta find a 3700....

I'd sell the 3400. Like others said it won't bring as much as the 3800 but 3400s are more common. From an enthusiast/collector view I'd keep the 3800.
Now you gotta find a 3700....

Thanks Joe, I've got a nice craftsman 3.7 from Mark so I probably won't pick up a 3700 unless it's just too good a deal to pass up.

Finally got my Poulan badge sewn onto a GTG cap. I like it.

View attachment 423403

Mine has a magnet on the back of it now and placed on the shop fridge.

fridge002_zps9f1893f6.jpg

S25da. The one at that pawn shop did not seem to be in very good shape. Part of the handle, on the underside was missing, and the screws holding the starter on were not original; there were hex heads, some with washers, etc. and the sticker price was $79.99. Also, I haven't dealt at that store before to have any idea what they are like.

I moved on to the next pawn shop. There they had a poulan xxv. The bar was off, the chain was hanging and the clutch cover was to the side. No telling what other problems it might have. But I asked what was up with it and they said it was looking for a buyer. Make an offer. I said $20? He said it sounded good to him and asked his partner, "$20 sound good to you? What'd you give for it? $2?"

So I was wondering if I had paid too much for it. Thought I was probably going to need three carburetor kits now. But I packed it up in the case with the parts and the manual and took it.

When I got home, I put it together, except it didn't have the screw to hold the clutch cover on. I scrounged one up. (If I get pictures to post, you will see it).

I don't know if I got one picture to load, maybe twice, or nothing. I took more pictures. I will look for them. I guess I'll send this and see. image.jpgimage.jpg

Latest posts

Back