Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got a chance to get my eBay 3500 out and put the new bar on. Started right up idles great and four strokes nicely at full throttle. No complaints on this one. I even picked up another one with a broken fuel tank for parts. I may have to find a tank and fix it so I can have two.

Here is a pic.
IMG_20160529_092840036.jpg

Can someone help me out please.

Are you saying that you can't get it off the carb or out of the handle?

I can't see where it should be a problem.
Here's a pic of what it should look like. Maybe someone bent it or made one up.

http://www.partstree.com/parts/poulan/parts/530027073/

That looks like the linkage that I encountered in my 42cc Craftsman, a few days ago.
I took some pics to help me remember how to put things back in place.
They are a little out of order, but I think You can see how it fits though.

#1 the link (zig-zag) end goes into the carburetor throttle shaft (end plate?) first.

#2 now squeeze the trigger just enough to expose that hole, at the arrow.

#3 the link needs to "persuaded" sprung/bent gently, a little bit to slip into that hole.
NOTE: The air filter would not be installed yet, It will be in the way of fitting the link (notice that mounting arm, going to the case)
I just added this frame to help show the link reinstalled in the hole.

#4 you can see how the link and trigger look after you release them.

Don't forget to check for smooth action and proper working of the throttle and choke mechanisms, Before you close it all up!

Hope this is similar enough to help.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    169.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    159.4 KB · Views: 15
Still working on my 245a project. Figured out why it's a "headbanger". Replacement piston I bought is listed on receipt as part #23253. But looks like this compared to my old one:

image.jpeg

So, before I trouble the seller, does anyone know offhand where the mixup might be? Did he send me the wrong part, or is it possible that there's yet some other top end on this saw? I know it's not from a 306, 'cause it's definitely a 2" bore. Is there another saw in that series that has a 2" bore, but taller piston?

Thanks!

That's the right part number, but the wrong piston. Are the wrist pin holes the same diameters? The old 91 & 92 were right at 2" bores too.

Who was the seller on that, and yes go ahead and trouble him some LOL!

There should be a Pine tree outline logo, or what also looks like an arrowhead cast inside it, IF it is a Poulan piston.

I will step in the game for a minute. 2660 piston on left 23253 in middle model 91 on right. Is much wider and taller 2.18"
d3ad91669395c5ef0e396719b8203fba.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

The new pin felt perfect on the 245's rod, so I guess that's not the problem after all.

Under the piston there's no marking like there is on my toasted 245 piston. So I wonder if my new one is just from some random homelite or something.

I am thinking model 53 or something like that. Measure the height for me. The rings fit perfect?

I am thinking model 53 or something like that. Measure the height for me. The rings fit perfect?

Can y'all point me.in the direction of someone who knows about the old homelight saws? Please. Just got a 79 super XL. She's all there but in bad shape l almost cried a lil. Almost but didn't. Sat in the dirt on a barn floor for 20+ yr.

Back