Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 306A that I bought as a parts saw but noticed it's not far from being a runner. It doesn't have a clutch assembly with it and I'm wondering if any other clutch will fit besides a 306 and 245, I have a few Poulan parts around here but haven't found a clutch that will fit this saw. I'll post this in the general forum also..
Not that I know of. EBay has some cheap used ones

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

I have a 306A that I bought as a parts saw but noticed it's not far from being a runner. It doesn't have a clutch assembly with it and I'm wondering if any other clutch will fit besides a 306 and 245, I have a few Poulan parts around here but haven't found a clutch that will fit this saw. I'll post this in the general forum also..
I may be able to help you. Let me look

Here she is
d6d7268ce936d3ba8e24b76eaeb6341b.jpg

That's a beauty Stephen. Pretty scarce as well. Sugar creek supply has the labels. He doesn't list all he has. on his site but they are listed on chainsawr
Yes Tim, it will be a fine saw once it is completed with bar etc. thanks for the info on Joe having the decals.

I could be wrong but my memory is telling me for some reason that I used one off of 5200 series saw or maybe it was the other way around but I think they were the same. Been a LONG time ago and I could be totally wrong. Don't have 50 poulans sitting here anymore to compare them but I am sure somebody here could pull a clutch cover to check them out.

I could be wrong but my memory is telling me for some reason that I used one off of 5200 series saw or maybe it was the other way around but I think they were the same. Been a LONG time ago and I could be totally wrong. Don't have 50 poulans sitting here anymore to compare them but I am sure somebody here could pull a clutch cover to check them out.
Shoes are the same, springs are slightly longer on 5200 series. Also 5200 use 3 springs and 3 shoes. Different spiders also. Same sprocket though

Shoes are the same, springs are slightly longer on 5200 series. Also 5200 use 3 springs and 3 shoes. Different spiders also. Same sprocket though

Been a while since I looked but it seems the older 306 with the open clutch has 3 springs and 3 shoes. Sprockets are the same so I am pretty sure the 5200 clutch will screw right on the 306. My not so good memory is telling me I did this once when I had 13-306's and 5-5200's. Not trying to argue or say that anyone is wrong so don't take me the wrong way. I am just thinking out loud....

I'm having to change the flywheel on my 306A and am wondering about the part numbers. Mine is a WICO and it has FWM-1020R on it. The one I'm wanting to replace it with is also a WICO but it just has FWM-1020 on it, leaving out the R. Are these interchangeable? Thanks.

If they look identical go for It. Make sure the line up with coil and key

I'm having to change the flywheel on my 306A and am wondering about the part numbers. Mine is a WICO and it has FWM-1020R on it. The one I'm wanting to replace it with is also a WICO but it just has FWM-1020 on it, leaving out the R. Are these interchangeable? Thanks.

Try it. I don't know the #s but remember you have to keep points flywheel with points and electronic with electronic. If it does not run or does not line with coil or what not then ya know its the wrong one.

I don't actually have it yet, I just saw it in an ad. I checked the numbers and the one that's on their flywheel, checks out to be the points flywheel. I'll look again at mine tonight and see what the keyway aligns with..

Okay, I checked it and the keyways aren't the same. The magnets are farther advanced on mine by 10 degrees or more. Looks like I'm outta luck on that one.

I went ahead and ordered the points flywheel since it didn't cost too much, I'll just take the starter pawls and springs off that one and put on my flywheel. I'll save the points one for later..

Back