Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might have a whole clutch set up in the s25da parts bin. Anything else while I look?
Not really though I appreciate the offer. I have two torn apart in a parts box. I'll experiment with bending the flat springs a bit until the new ones arrive. Have three other saws I can install them on.

Is a Poulan KD 100 a desirable saw? I believe it's rare.
f2ecaeab0734337985a09165e4f932fd.jpg
76296647eaa0475867154e57ea983444.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How worn is the sprocket on this saw? I'm trying to troubleshoot a problem, the chain keeps going tight when the saw runs. It's a poulan 2300. I've read it can be the chain is jumping out of the worn spots or it can be lack of bar oil. I know the oiler works, as it tends to dump 3/4 of the oil out before it even seens 2 minutes of work. Maybe thats another problem. Just leaks out the oil tube when its tipped over. So...any soltuions to these woes?
Replace the oil lines in the tank, more than likely they are broken.

Steve

Got my hands on this here 2300, pretty good shape other than the bar tabs on either side of the bar stud. They are broken. Pretty cool little top handle. Just not sure if I will be able to find another one to fix it. View attachment 528705 View attachment 528707

I broke those bar mounting tabs many years ago (dropped out of a tree). Repaired it by milling them flush & drilling for two round pins. Pins were the diameter of the inside groove of the bar. Drilled straight through into the oil reservoir, pressed pins into the case. I was fortunate to have access to a full machine shop (and machinists to help). It worked fine for many years.

Just did a 2300 oil line. Tube was off at both ends and ran out when on side. I just used tygon line to contact it back up on both ends.

Thought I had a pic but dont. copy paste from repair thread. http://chainsawrepair.createaforum.com/poulan/craftsman-like-a-2300/msg73435/#new

Looked into why bar oiled poured straight through. The oil line had crumbled and fell out. Pulled the oil deal in case ran new tygon line through for a oil line.

Went ahead and put a new fuel line too. Do to leaking around it tank hole where it had shrunk. Went with the echo 3mm 5mm line.

So carb kit, oil line, fuel line ready to send this loaner saw to sale or loan.

I just started into a micro 25 today--intention is to flip on CL. I noticed that the oiler does, in fact, work. What are the chances that it's the same diaphragm as the S25's?

The diaphragm alone might be worth more on eBay than I'd get for the whole saw on CL.

I'm thinking they're different, but you guys are the experts.

Back