Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so i was messin with my countervibes a bit ago have 1 5200 and 2 4200. My 5200 an one of my 4200s have the crankcase seam in the front pretty well flush with the halves. The other 4200s seam sticks way out and has three allen head bolts going through it holding the front together........ what gives?

Ok so i was messin with my countervibes a bit ago have 1 5200 and 2 4200. My 5200 an one of my 4200s have the crankcase seam in the front pretty well flush with the halves. The other 4200s seam sticks way out and has three allen head bolts going through it holding the front together........ what gives?
Year of manuf.

The one with the flange out front is one of the improvements they made.

I don't even see a 245A in the Poulan chainsaw list. 306A, yes. Shows fuel tank gaskets obsolete/no longer available but also are noted as available in gasket kit...which is also listed as obsolete/no longer available. Are they listed somewhere else that I'm missing?

I've also found that "listed" as available at ereplacement doesn't necessarily mean available and have had that hang up an order of multiple parts before. Took over a week to receive an email to that effect also. 'Course the non-available part (for an old Shinny) was the main one which rendered the other ones in the order useless so I cancelled the order. Ended up ordering through a local Echo dealer anyway once I realized the Echo/Shindaiwa connection. Cost less and I got the parts in three days.

Now I have had good luck and fast shipping from ereplacement on other orders. I just think the available/non-available accuracy and notification policy after the fact leaves a lot to be desired and could use some tightening up.

Call a husky dealer. thats what i did bc husky owns poulan i bought 8 and they came in husky part packaging

I don't even see a 245A in the Poulan chainsaw list. 306A, yes. Shows fuel tank gaskets obsolete/no longer available but also are noted as available in gasket kit...which is also listed as obsolete/no longer available. Are they listed somewhere else that I'm missing?

I've also found that "listed" as available at ereplacement doesn't necessarily mean available and have had that hang up an order of multiple parts before. Took over a week to receive an email to that effect also. 'Course the non-available part (for an old Shinny) was the main one which rendered the other ones in the order useless so I cancelled the order. Ended up ordering through a local Echo dealer anyway once I realized the Echo/Shindaiwa connection. Cost less and I got the parts in three days.

Now I have had good luck and fast shipping from ereplacement on other orders. I just think the available/non-available accuracy and notification policy after the fact leaves a lot to be desired and could use some tightening up.

i should have been clearer on my info, yes the fuel tank gaskets were listed under 306A, i have purchased several of them when they become available. If you look from time to time they become available 2 or 3 at a time, I do agree that lots of the online sites do not update their database.

If it is still open, I will be in on the oiler diapharm buy, pending on price. Though If it is $50 per square inch, I'll pass.

Haven't got to run the new clutch yet. Been a little cold for my blood and am busy with other projects. Like moving flammable material away from the house.

Been seeing pictures up your way, so said to see the destruction to folks homes, and some jerk over in Alabama making his sick comments about the good folks in Gatlinburg, just glad a lot of people made it out of harms way. So sad for the ones that didn't make it.

Steve

Nice little one owner micro
4e16a455ab0fb7d1219ccda1586697ea.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back