Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 551526 Looks like my 3000 cylinder needs a little welding work. Saw a video where the Chainsaw guy welded a similar cylinder. Question is does the cost justify it for a 3000 cylinder.

I fixed this pretty easily if you like fiddling around with some Benzomatic rod and a torch that's puts out more heat than a propane torch.

If you're game, let me know and I'll put together a little write up with pics.

Sept2013 124.jpg

what is the deal with the Poulan Pro 220 series type saws that have the plastic oiler gear and wire gear for the crankshaft? this set up sucks oil out of the oil tank? on the type 4 there is an extra oil hole in the case by the bar adjuster area. Why is this? the type 1-3 do not have it.
That extra hole is for the oil tank air vent. Make sure the vent tube is up in the top corner of the oil tank . If it vibrates out it can siphon the oil out and make a mess.

That extra hole is for the oil tank air vent. Make sure the vent tube is up in the top corner of the oil tank . If it vibrates out it can siphon the oil out and make a mess.
why the change in design from the type 123 models? the oil tank is vented through the cap? or some other place on the case?

04aecd302fa6269f56a5c40fde0335df.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

I do have a good flywheel from a 335 Poulan that I can spare. I would sell it cheap to help out the guy who needed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back