Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have a few NOS case gaskets that are broke in one spot or another, can i repair these somehow with motoseal or something else and will they still seal?

i have a few NOS case gaskets that are broke in one spot or another, can i repair these somehow with motoseal or something else and will they still seal?

Yes. Motoseal works great for stuff like that. I've used it for MAC fuel tank gaskets made from a strip of cork gasket material to seal the ends. No leaks at all.

Cut some more wood and hauled it home, got about this much more to do tomorrow. IMAG0292 (Custom).jpg

The 365 did give some trouble later in the day, it went lean and died in a felling cut. Started back up, gave the high side a little turn and it seemed better, then later started leaning out again off and on.

Dug into it and found this little tear/hole in the impulse line that was just replaced not all that long ago. It was right out of the nipple on the case and near the edge of the intake boot.

Not sure whats going on with that, I'm thinking that maybe I gouged it with the hemostats when I was putting in last time? Only thing that makes sense I guess. **** happens.

IMAG0295 (Custom).jpg

Nice find on the impulse line. That would not have been visible by any means with out pulling the line out.

Believe it or not, I did see it, blew it all out and got the light in there and seen what I thought was a tear/hole so then I tore it out of there.

I did not see it before I had the carb out and tore down though. LOL

Thats OK , at least I know its all good to go again.

Does anyone know what the best muffler mod would be for my PP310?
Kensie,I don't know what the best is but I have two saws that have about 10% of cylinder volumn for an outlet area.My 044 has 4.31 cu.in. and has a .441sq.in.side hole outlet with a forward pointing hood. My PP260 has about 2.6 cu.in.displacement and has a .26sq.in rear outlet with a hood. If you removed your muffler and posted a picture it would help.

the storm is here on the east coast, hope it moves through fast, i cut today with the 8500, by myself which i do not like to do since the logs are bigger then me, had to split on site and cut stump down to ground. Noodled it as well just because.
No pictures because taptalk is not working for me still.

Cut some more wood and hauled it home, got about this much more to do tomorrow. View attachment 560228

The 365 did give some trouble later in the day, it went lean and died in a felling cut. Started back up, gave the high side a little turn and it seemed better, then later started leaning out again off and on.

Dug into it and found this little tear/hole in the impulse line that was just replaced not all that long ago. It was right out of the nipple on the case and near the edge of the intake boot.

Not sure whats going on with that, I'm thinking that maybe I gouged it with the hemostats when I was putting in last time? Only thing that makes sense I guess. **** happens.

View attachment 560232
Had somewhat similar situation on the 3000 I'm putting together. Would start then die. Switched carbs, same deal. Finally replaced impulse line( first one was a bit over sized). Used some smaller sized Tygon and problem fixed. Plan to get similar sized echo black line as a permanent fix.

Back