Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cut some more wood and hauled it home, got about this much more to do tomorrow. View attachment 560228

The 365 did give some trouble later in the day, it went lean and died in a felling cut. Started back up, gave the high side a little turn and it seemed better, then later started leaning out again off and on.

Dug into it and found this little tear/hole in the impulse line that was just replaced not all that long ago. It was right out of the nipple on the case and near the edge of the intake boot.

Not sure whats going on with that, I'm thinking that maybe I gouged it with the hemostats when I was putting in last time? Only thing that makes sense I guess. **** happens.

View attachment 560232
Dang Mark, that'll keep you busy for awhile, no rest for the weary. :]

Tapatalk still messed up here, has anyone else besides me used r/c plane fuel line for the impulse line, seems to hold up pretty well. Have also put some in my 2300 to see how it would do but haven't ran it much to see what it's longevity would be, she's my self queen being she was my first new saw I bought back in the 80's.

Tapatalk still messed up here, has anyone else besides me used r/c plane fuel line for the impulse line, seems to hold up pretty well. Have also put some in my 2300 to see how it would do but haven't ran it much to see what it's longevity would be, she's my self queen being she was my first new saw I bought back in the 80's.
I'm not even sure I know why Tygon can't work! Someone said it has a tendency to collapse, a while ago, so I took it as gospel.

Dang Mark, that'll keep you busy for awhile, no rest for the weary. :]
Yeah thats right it will. I don't have to get it all done at once though. LOL
I was going to get the rest cut the other day but when I went to get the tractor out, I found a big puddle of oil underneath it. It seems the loose end of the hose clamp holding the fuel line to the fuel filter housing was rubbing the one of the steel lines for the power steering and rubbed a hole in it. By the time I tore that apart and got it fixed it was too late in the day.

Now it got cold again. If it warms up today I might get after it again this after noon.

I have been cutting as well
e88de9f352788c15cb0fadbe06f12c5d.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Tygon works but is not the best to use. My dads 3300 had it on there for 10 years as the impulse line. Did fine and ran hard too. I still have it on my 505 since 2013.

That being said the echo 3mmx6mm is better to use as impulse line. I also have used the 3mmx5mm for it too. Matter fact just bought 2 rolls yesterday 26' each as I was about out and have a bunch of impulse and fuel lines to run soon. Seen in the small boxes behind the oil.

When my 505 goes back together it will have the echo line this time around.

dads3300andapp365 006.JPG pwildthing505 018.JPG echo280pp.jpg

Yes I got a splitter, one that I built a log lifter on it as well.

Kids are all gone, busy with there own famileys now. The only grandson old enough to help lives on the west coast.

Its ok, I don't have to get it done at once and don't care if I get it done much before next winter. Wont need any of it till after next winter anyway.

I picked up a Poulan 2700 Friday. It needed a carburetor rebuild and fuel lines to be a runner. I was really surprised that it's only 44cc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back