Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must have twisted the lower ring while taking them off, had a small chip from the end. I found the other items (gaskets, seals) from ereplacementparts. From the SKF website I concluded the seals were 710696; 9/16" shaft and 13/16" O.D. but 5510 checks out as well.

I have some feelers out for the rings, Otto seems to be a good option if others aren't able.

Mark

I must have twisted the lower ring while taking them off, had a small chip from the end. I found the other items (gaskets, seals) from ereplacementparts. From the SKF website I concluded the seals were 710696; 9/16" shaft and 13/16" O.D. but 5510 checks out as well.

I have some feelers out for the rings, Otto seems to be a good option if others aren't able.

Mark

You need to check your text messages...

Any Poulan in this saw? Supposed to be a Dayton..., which were Poulans, correct? I'm leaning toward Roper or maybe Remington? Haven't started digging into it yet and figured here would be the best place to start. TIA for any info.

I think you will find that was built by Lancaster. Basically a lawnmower engine with some saw parts bolted on to it.

MMark - how many DL and what gauge for the 7/16? I have some odd and ends hanging up on the wall, maybe I can set you up with a chain.

Mark

I don't need any per say right now. I was just thinking about having some on hand for future projects I don't even have yet. (yeah its that bad.LOL )
Far as I can tell, the only gauge Poulan used in 7/16 was .063

There was a roll on ebay I thought I would buy to have on hand, seen it on my phone but don't trust buying things with it as was going to get it after I got on the computer at home that night. It was gone already by the time I got home. :laugh:

While tearing it down for a good cleanup I noticed oil leaking from seam in the tank, probably the reason the shop put the spot of red paint on it. Guess they didn't want to go to the trouble of splitting the case to fix it.

As long as I was this far, I decided to press the bearings and seals out, quite a lot of stuff packed in there too.

View attachment 567892

I got everything cleaned up.

View attachment 567893

View attachment 567894

I was looking through another XXV IPL and saw there was no case gasket (this one had one when I took it apart) so I started putting it back together using Threebond but when I got it together the crankshaft would not rotate, evidently a gasket is actually needed.

So Poulan fans, I am looking for an IPL for the Deluxe Super 25, intake gasket, cylinder gasket, and the crankcase gasket. Need a set of rings as well, not sure if it was like that when I took it apart or if I managed to chip a bit of one end of the bottom ring but I will put a new set in while I'm at it.

Mark

Mark,

I'm pretty sure the depth of the bearings set the lateral play on the crankshaft. Maybe they weren't set to the right depth. There's a write up on that in the manual I've attached. IPL as well

Attachments

• 25SeriesServiceManual.pdf
    5.3 MB · Views: 3
  • S25DA IPL Klippo.pdf
    161.6 KB · Views: 2
Has anyone ever upgraded a 3450 clutch to the 3 shoe 3750, I was wondering wether it would improve or decrease the performance of the Saw?

I do not know how it would help with the performance of the saw but it would be a better clutch to help prevent the clutch from slipping.

I do not know if I would bother with it on a 3450 unless you plan on porting it or modifying it to increase the performance of the engine.

I havnt tested it yet but, I figured out how to replace the duckbill in the tophandle Poulans.
d4077c7c5a5bd37ba23c51f7fdd83bcf.jpg

Speaking of Poulan top handles, this newest addition to the Easter egg collection followed me home from my Stihl dealer today. Saw it sittin' next to the building and asked him what his plans for it were. He said, "Give it to you since no one seems to want to steal it....(laughing)." Last one he saved for me was a Dayton re-badge in decent shape. Knows I have a bunch of em. Still waiting for a nice Ridgid version.

Aside from the little crack above the muffler this one will clean up real nice. Fuel line is still even intact, tho I'll replace it just because.

0329171231_resized.jpg

0329171231a_resized.jpg

Latest posts

Back