Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So Mark do you think the rings decided to seat better after running it for awhile. You guys in the east always have some nice wood for cutting and testing your saws.

I don't know Roger, I'm assuming the rings just took a good set. I didn't put new rings in it, as it was already really hard to pull over with high compression. I did flip the rings when put back on, and its the only thing I can figure was they took a set and like I said, it was really strange the way it just picked up power. That video is of the first cut or two and is not running as well as it is now.

Yeah we got good wood around here, I always feel sorry when I hear what guys in other places have to cut for wood heat. They also think there saws really cut better then I know they would around here too. We got some really hard wood here.

That piece I was cutting on was at the bottom of that pile and I had to ram it several times with the end of the forks on the tractor to get it pushed out from under it. That end of the fork only put maybe a 1/8" dent or so in the end of the log. LOL

I looked at it. Everything is rusted like it had been out in the weather. Also some of the fins are broken on the starter cover.
The clutch cover looks like it had a chain brake on it at one time but is now missing. I would not pay that much for it.

On the other hand that seller on ebay had to relist that nice PP305, some zero feedback bidder didn't pay the first time, probably some fool did it on purpose.

Anyway its back on there now and ready to make a buyer really happy! Just sayin..

My seals finally arrived last night so I finished putting the Deluxe 25 Super back together. Now I need to find a new clutch drum, the spur on this one is pretty worn. Wouldn't hurt to get clutch springs as well, really have to get it to idle down to stop the chain. Good news is this one seems happy to idle at what sounds like 800 RPM...

20170411_202136.jpg

20170411_202130.jpg

20170411_202149.jpg

Still weeps a little fuel through the vent but I can live with that. Looks like I need to cut some wood this Saturday to check out a few of the latest saws that are back together.

Mark

On the other hand that seller on ebay had to relist that nice PP305, some zero feedback bidder didn't pay the first time, probably some fool did it on purpose.

Anyway its back on there now and ready to make a buyer really happy! Just sayin..

I'm only seeing one PP305 (NOS) listed by a really awesome seller.

@Modifiedmark

Anyone who's had experience with a bad governor on an HS carb... What are the symptoms?

I'm wondering. My 8500 is sitting in the basement right now holding over -9 psi vacuum.
Just checked again 10 minutes, no leaks same reading. Pressure is rock solid as well
The saw starts and runs throttled up but doesn't come down from idle quickly. To me a sign of an air leak.

It's wearing an HS 176A carb with governor. The throttle shaft is not worn. New kit in it, metering needle is set correctly.
The carb to adaptor gasket I made looks like it's sealing well and has good area coverage.

To me it's pointing to the carb. Anyone have any ideas? I don't know if a malfunctioning governor would dump fuel coming of a cut.

FYI for any of new guys that might be bidding or considering the 380 on evilbay - be careful. On top of being majorly beat up it has the wrong bar and clutch cover has been swapped for the non chain brake version. I would, also, look at the sellers feedback % and comments ;)

I looked at it. Seemed hi for a parts saw. Definately not a clean saw.

@Modifiedmark

Anyone who's had experience with a bad governor on an HS carb... What are the symptoms?

I'm wondering. My 8500 is sitting in the basement right now holding over -9 psi vacuum.
Just checked again 10 minutes, no leaks same reading. Pressure is rock solid as well
The saw starts and runs throttled up but doesn't come down from idle quickly. To me a sign of an air leak.

It's wearing an HS 176A carb with governor. The throttle shaft is not worn. New kit in it, metering needle is set correctly.
The carb to adaptor gasket I made looks like it's sealing well and has good area coverage.

To me it's pointing to the carb. Anyone have any ideas? I don't know if a malfunctioning governor would dump fuel coming of a cut.

It can for sure. They can also drip fuel and make them not want to idle down.

From what your saying I woulds just block the thing off then you will know for sure.

Too easy to do and not needed anyway if you have some sense about you that I know you do. You never showed symptoms of being a piss rever anyway. :laugh:

Latest posts

Back