Welcome to ArboristSite.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the ArboristSite community.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

1. Please see this post Click Here Please ask questions if you have them!! I hope this is going to be great for us all.
    Dismiss Notice

Poulan thread

Discussion in 'Chainsaw Stickies' started by FATGUY, May 6, 2009.

1. Modifiedmark

Modifiedmark Tree Freak

Roger, far as I know it was sold at the time the PP365 was and is just a 54cc version of the PP365. It has the wider case front spacing for the bigger muffler, bigger cyl bolt centers, wide top covers and a different recoil setup then the 335.

3000 FPS, fossil and astnmacgto like this.
  2. Modifiedmark

Modifiedmark Tree Freak

Nice, I like those also. Remember to let me know when your ready for that box I got here..

Hoggwood likes this.
  3. Cannon51

Cannon51 ArboristSite Operative

Since I'm old, retired and don't sleep much I've been in the garage fooling with this Poulan. I put a clean fuel line on the carb (1st picture) and could not blow through it. I watched a couple of videos on fuel line routing and think I may have the primer bulb plumbed backward. As it is now when I push the bulb gas comes out the line going to the carb ( far right in second picture). One diagram I saw online showed the primer pumping gas into the tank. If I have the primer lines reversed would that allow the engine to flood? The fuel lines on this bulb are the same size, some diagrams show a small and large line.
    Cannon poulan 2055 001.JPG poulan 2055 002.JPG

4. fossil

fossil Eh?

We weren't talking about me Lee. Roger meant the saw.

95custmz and 3000 FPS like this.
  5. leecopland

leecopland Addicted to ArboristSite

Very Drole Tim. Have a great time at the saw gathering and piss revving.

fossil likes this.
  6. fossil

fossil Eh?

The saw is well past the Skil assembly in Toronto time. The 336 was made in Shreveport. I think the Canadian ones were the only ones to come with a brake unless ordered in the US. The IPL states a chan brake kit. The brake is plastic where the earlier ones were mag and steel. Keeps the weight down some. The chain tension adjust is in the case.
    It holds vacuum and pressure perfectly. I am hoping I don't have the same issue as the 2800 where it had a leak between the carb and the spacer bracket between the carb and the boot.
    I expect there will be some piss reving by some trying to get their saws going. There is a very large amount of wood to cut. Looking forward to it but not to the drive.

rocketnorton and 3000 FPS like this.
  7. Hoggwood

Hoggwood ArboristSite Guru

Nice saw Tim.

I've been monkeying around with a wonky idle on the latest 3000. HDA-49. Ended up dunking the saw. Small air leak on FW. New seal installed. Still not idling correctly? Pressure tested the carb and the metering needle wasn't resetting after pop-off. So, new OEM kit. It idles a bit better now. Maybe I just have to get used to the undulating pattern of the idle on these carbs. Of my 5 with that carb, only one has a nice steady idle. Seems I have to have closer to lean on the L.

What are you taking to cut with?

8. Modifiedmark

Modifiedmark Tree Freak

Tim, tell everyone hi, Chris and I are right in the middle across the people's republik of Illinois on the way to Iowa.

fossil likes this.
  9. fossil

fossil Eh?

Just three saws.

Poulan 8500 28" bar, Pro MAC 700 20 and 24" bar and an XL-76 20" bar. got a good deal on two 24" D009 mount Forester bars (Oregon Power Match clones) and am modifying the mount to duplicate a D096 mount. The adjuster holes have been enlarged to let bar oil in but I still need to get the oiler holes drilled out for some others they will go on..
    Interesting to note that the steel in the Forester bars is harder than the steel on the Oregon Power Match bars.

I'm not sure if the HDA 49 carb was the one with troubles or not. I know there was one some guys had an issue with at times.
    I have 49's on both the 285 and the 2800 and they both idle fine.

I'm still having issues with the carb on the 8500 so I swapped it out with the HS-168 that's on my 5200. It's not supposed to be on the 5200 so I suppose it was replaced at one point with the 168. Same as the HS-176 on the larger saws but no governor.
    I think maybe my block off on the governor didn't work out. I'll fiddle around with it when I get back.

Did you use an aftermarket seal on the 3000 or a Poulan replacement?

10. fossil

fossil Eh?

I will Mark. Say hi the Chris for me and to Mark H. Have a good trip and GTG.

The weather looks good for us and for you guys as well. A welcome change and lucky for this time of year.

Some old saw guys coming to the NY GTG which will be great

On a totally unrelated and uninteresting note,
    I just shaved most of my beard off. I have my Dad's old electric clippers he used to buzz cut our hair 60 years ago. I found a thing that looks like a corn head on a combine to go on the clippers in the box. Worked pretty good.
    No one will recognize me.

Modifiedmark likes this.
  11. Acornhill

Acornhill enough said

Is this one of the last 2000 models? With the carb adjustment access through the cover?[​IMG]

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

rocketnorton, fossil and scottr like this.
  12. s sidewall

s sidewall Addicted to ArboristSite

Fuel from tank to carb, from carb to primmer, from primer return to tank. Fuel won't flow but one way in carb unless diaphragm is split the it will run out the diaphragm cover.

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

13. fossil

fossil Eh?

I haven't seen one like that before.

14. GeorgiaVol

GeorgiaVol Addicted to ArboristSite

I have one of those. I will sneak out and check on it later. I think mine is a little different

15. s sidewall

s sidewall Addicted to ArboristSite

Looks like a timer on top with the markings, guess ya turn it to for how long you think your hands will hold out.

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

16. fossil

fossil Eh?

I haven't seen one like that before.

17. GeorgiaVol

GeorgiaVol Addicted to ArboristSite

Mines in rough shape, maybe not even on the right saw, but it's on a 2300. 0421172038a.jpg

18. JeremiahJohnson

JeremiahJohnson Redneck Chainsaw Repair

I've had them in like that before. Was glad to see it myself to tune carb without removing the cover.

rocketnorton likes this.
  19. JeremiahJohnson

JeremiahJohnson Redneck Chainsaw Repair

Roger I think it is like your predator and my 3.3 54cc using 3450 330 piston. 54cc versions of the 365.

3000 FPS likes this.
  20. 3000 FPS

3000 FPS Addicted to ArboristSite

Ok that would make sense.