Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Roger. Most of what I learned the easy way came for the good folks on ths thread. There were some "learned the hard way" stuff as well though.

Yep same here. I believe this was the first chainsaw forum I had joined. I was wet behind the ears back then and barely had run a saw let alone repair one. It did not take me long though to figure out that the Poulans were an under rated saw. Now I run one almost every week.

hello
can anyone confirm this saw as a poulan? its a western auto wizard 014. it was uncovered and the story is it was used on a project, they ran the gas out of it and it sat for 20+ years until it saw daylight again. i thought it might be fun getting it running again.
thanksIMG_20170522_113846.jpg

hello
can anyone confirm this saw as a poulan? its a western auto wizard 014. it was uncovered and the story is it was used on a project, they ran the gas out of it and it sat for 20+ years until it saw daylight again. i thought it might be fun getting it running again.
thanksView attachment 581050
Yes micro based 14" bar

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

hello
Poulan 2000 or 2300

Steve, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

hello

upload_2017-5-23_17-47-15.png

No, I am going back. He had several for sale. I got what I could without looking interested. I don't want him to insist on a package deal

Steve I just got a quick look and a snap. This saw was the ugly stepsister over in the corner. All the discussion was over a Stihl. I am going back in. It's interesting that it was from 1980 and spent the remaining years in it's case. Never seeing daylight until he had it on display as a sweetner. He used it to clear some trees when he built his shop and in there buried it stayed all these years. I will post more pics soon

Back