Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not compression tester, you will have to block off the exhaust with a piece of rubber between the muffler and exhaust port, same as at the carb. Then introduce low pressure at the spark plug port. Also pull a vacuum at the same port and monitor for any vacuum drop. Should be no lost of vacuum and no pressure leaks.

Steve Sidwell, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

Well maybe I'll pick one up next time I go there. It will be a few months though. Does the issue sound like a leak at the flywheel side or the clutch side?

Really? It says bleeder and vacuum. Yes, I dont want to damage it either so I wont run it until I get a tool to check.

Replace the seals they are a lot cheaper than the pressure and vacuum tester then you will not be guessing any more.
Agree. If a tester isn't in your budget, simply replace the seals and likely you've fixed the problem. I test my saws because I frequently pull the cylinder so I want to be sure I've replaced it w/o any leaks. I also use it to pressure test the fuel tank and test the venting system.

Back