Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poor boy's $20 method...if you don't just change the seals, but 3000fps advise is right on.

Get a blood pressure bulb from EBay for cheap, it has check valves built in.

Then get a Husky spark plug air inlet adapter #503844002, also cheap but the shipping sucks.

Add a plastic NAPA auto emmissions tee & a 20# low pressure guage to the rig.

Blind the muff & intake ports with sections of old "wedge shape cut" inner tube & slip it in, then tighten the screws back down.

Hook into the adapter with spare saw fuel line & pump it up four or five times to 8# & blast the intake & seals with Windex or dish soap mix. It will take away any doubts you have!

IMG_1895.JPG

Faster than repeatedly working over a carb that is probably fine. I've never had crank seals that hold pressure, but don't hold vacuum, but others have stated they did...

You should be able to swap the 285, 305, 3000 and 335 piston and cylinders over. No mix and match on the pistons. One must be chome and the other aluminum unless you want a one cut wonder.

I have a nice 2800 but haven't got round to running it in wood. I have a bunch of those fixed up and never cut with saws.
You can add the 2700,2800 and 3300to the list.

Thanks guys, I saved the poor mans way to a text file. I'll get the bleeder eventually. It's just not inthe budget right now. It's not a main chainsaw, just one I'd like to be a main saw. But I have a couple others in that CC range. So its not a priority. I am pretty sure I sealed the cases pretty good along with the cylinder. I didnt add sealant to the seals like stated so maybe I should pop them out and add sealant.

Thanks guys, I saved the poor mans way to a text file. I'll get the bleeder eventually. It's just not inthe budget right now. It's not a main chainsaw, just one I'd like to be a main saw. But I have a couple others in that CC range. So its not a priority. I am pretty sure I sealed the cases pretty good along with the cylinder. I didnt add sealant to the seals like stated so maybe I should pop them out and add sealant.
Refresh my memory. What saw did you split the case . I wouldn't remove the seals as I doubt you could reuse them.

Latest posts

Back