Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I clear coated, maybe I can get by, by letting it sun cure for three weeks also, I know metal gets plenty got out in the sun and we've been the hi 90's for a month.

Steve Sidwell, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

How does that 5200 run, Kensie said he wasn't going to start it, and from what we saw and what I asked him to look at, said it looked to have never been ran.

It runs as expected, which is quite well. I replaced all the gaskets as well as the rubber parts. We were both surprised to find the oil line was like new.

Coil needed.
I am in need of a coil for a Poulan 3800, Type 1, SSN 94320H05617.

Thanks
David

Putting a 380 together from parts. Stole the piston and AV from the 365 I parted out. The used 380 cylinder was in a batch of parts I bought. New oem ring.
Using dirko ht for base since I ran out of gaskets = time to order another batch. Echo lines for fuel and impulse.

pp380fix.jpg

All done and made some test cuts in ash. Now to compare 60cc open port to the ole 034 036 62cc closed port someday.
Did that with a 3750 and 262 way back and 3750 was right on the 262 heels. But me and my friend preferred the 3750 over the 262 after cutting all day with them.

View attachment 598126 View attachment 598127
Man don't say that! Sold my 3450 type 3 and picked up a 262 XP as well as a 254xp.

Forgot to add that couldnt use the 3 shoe clutch. Had 1 part of center section broke, 2 of the shoes had broke areas and the spring was pieced together.
rolleyes.gif
cheesy.gif

So have the more common 2 shoe clutch on it.

The T3 saw 3 shoe clutch looks ok from my quick look today.

Again, I had a 325 but sold it as well.

1 of 2 I had. This one was a 1 owner

I sell them all too. I'm not a collector. I cant have saws setting on a shelf to look at.
Do like the hunt, the find, the in hands. Then move them to someone looking for one.

Guy traded it iin on a NE346. I was laughing inside. I even told him your not gaining anything IMO.
So I did a muffler mod for him on the 346 too.

pp325x.jpg

i hope and pray all of our friends in Texas get out safe, this is a terrible historic tragedy for all, my sister lives in Katy Texas and has lost everything, her and her two boys were rescued yesterday from their neighbors house, (roof i think) I know i told them and everyone to evacuate days ago. This will be a long time recovering. God Bless everyone whom is helping with the rescue effort.

i hope and pray all of our friends in Texas get out safe, this is a terrible historic tragedy for all, my sister lives in Katy Texas and has lost everything, her and her two boys were rescued yesterday from their neighbors house, (roof i think) I know i told them and everyone to evacuate days ago. This will be a long time recovering. God Bless everyone whom is helping with the rescue effort.
Totally agree. Thankfully here in the Greater Dallas area we haven't seen the catastrophic rains. Feel very sorry for those poor residents.

modify mark, I heard your the guy to talk to about the poulan micros( craftsman) saws! Got a picture of that pesky crankcase check valve? What tells me it is bad?

Screws into the case behind the clutch, looks like a big plug. Check valve inside of it goes bad, either melted of crumbled apart. You can pull the plug and check it by blowing with mouth pressure into the screen and the try to suck through it, should seal off when trying to suck through it. Can cut below the screen and install a new Poulan duck valve and JB weld the screen back on. The valve assembly is nla.

Back