Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm assuming to stack the wood on..

And yes, I know but that is the first time in sometime I have been accused of keeping quiet. :laugh:

Yes they are for stacking splits on. I will put the split poles on top of some bricks and then the cord wood on there. Everything stays nice and dry and no rot.

Instead of being quite maybe you were just being discerning. :dancing:

So I needed to make some area for stacking this winter. So I split a couple of poles I have had laying around, they are 16' which is about 2/3 of a cord for me.

View attachment 604133

View attachment 604134

Nice giving the ole BB a work out. That saw ended up in the right hands with your welding skills etc to fix her up. :numberone:

Someone for some unknown reason had ran a bow bar on that bb before I got it from ga.
I traded it to John and John feebayed it later. Roger found and bought there. If still same one.

Just for fun so don't shoot me

I finished up the Craftsman 3700 and had gas and oil in the 036 so I thought I do a little (skewed) comparison. I know the 036 is a bit faster so I left the well worn but sharp semi chisel chain on it and let it cut in the fatter part of the wood. I think it's hard maple and is a little dry. The Poulan is wearing a new RS chisel chain and is tuned a little sharper than the 036. Favourites aside, I would be happy cut all day with either one. I believe I gave the Poulan a bit too much advantage

Both sound good Tim.

I always use same chain or at least same new chains for apple for apple comparison. So chain isnt a factor and making sure tuned at their best for testing.

Getting ready to do a 036 cant remember if base gasket is in or not mm broke in, 380 warmed over no base gasket mm 1st tank, 3450 t3 stock mm base in 1st tank,
then some 54cc 3450 broke in stock 180psi, 330 broke in stock. All same chain in baseball bat type dry hardened ash and then pine cants.

I wasn't trying to be fair. One of them will kick the others ass if all were equal but who cares? For the average guy that can fix a saw the 3700 at $50 and the 036 at $350+ (around here) The choice is easy if you don't have the coin.

Both good saws and I'm glad I have them both.

Well Tim you know I have a 3700 here that would make that comparison pretty good. Thanks for the vid.

Well Tim you know I have a 3700 here that would make that comparison pretty good. Thanks for the vid.

I like that orange and white saw for noodling some of the crap wood I can't split by hand. There's only a few select saws I have that don't require a bunch of clearing when noodling. I generated 8 yard waste bags of noodles with that saw without a jam. I did have to grab a hand full hanging out of the bottom of the clutch cover at times. The best one I have for that is a 70 cc yellow one. It's mighty noisy though.

Back