Poulan WildThing Fuel Hoses

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mediorce

Reaction score
My first post. I hope I don't screw this up!

I got a Poulan Wild Thing 2075 from a friend. Like new condition but the fuel hoses were rotted off.
The left hose comes from a filter in the tank to the carb. The right hose seems to just stick into the tank.

My questions are: Which hose goes where and what is the purpose of that right hose that seems to just stick into the tank?

I've attached a picture.

Thanks,

Poulan

I am not an expert on the make but from what I see is what looks like a line coming from the gas tank going to a primer and then to the choke side of the carb. The other line closet to the cylinder should be the main gas line in.

You have a primer bulb in the mix, so the plumbing is critical.
Looking at the "top" fuel line in the pic, that one goes to the long line in the tank attached to the fuel filter.
The lower one on the right goes to the inlet side of the "primer".

It is actually a "purge" and pulls the fuel through the carb, the "primer" bulb
has a check valve, so you need to find its direction of flow.
The other line from the bulb, returns to the tank.

are the yellow gold colored hoses the old rotted, or new replacement?

I am wondiering if it is tygon tubing and has rotted out?
The yellow gold Tygon brand hose is expensive, but once changed, I have never had to replace again on any motorcycle or small engine I have used them on. I am curious if they eventually do have problems with certain fuels or fluids....

kcj

poulan wildthing

The yellow tubing in the picture is the replaced tubing which I think is tygone.

Upon closer examination the fuel feed hose from the filter goes to the primer ball which directs it to the upper nipple on the carb.

I pumped the primer and it squirts fuel in the direction of the carb.

The lower nipple of the carb has the hose that directly goes back into the fuel tank. I assume that is the purge hose.

Are these hoses plumbed correctly?

The saw starts but only runs with the chock fully on. Any attempt to push in the chock stops the saw.

Thanks for your help.

After rereading Fish's earlier reply I guess I have completely screwed up the hoses. I guess the primer ball pulls the fuel through the carb rather than pumping it into the carb.

I will try that.

If you have any further suggestions thanks.

Mediocre, I have a WT with dissolved fuel lines so woudl be very interested to see what the fuel line routing looks like when you are done and saw runs OK. BTW, where did you get the fuel line?

Poulan WT working fine!

Routed the fuel lines the way Fish suggested. Main line from the tank to the top input of the carb. The bottom carb connection goes to the input of the primer ball. The output of the primer goes back into the tank on the right side.

Got those hoses from a local Echo dealer.

Thanks for everybodies help.

Learned that when I worked for that Husky/Echo dealer in Bardstown........

I was working on a Poulan there, and I ordered the mechanic's manual,
and it was shipped to us from Husqvarna..................

Seems that Husqvarna and Poulan are the same company..............

Kind of explains all of those burnt up orange and green saws out back
them purple Huskies too......

No wonder he went out of business, he chose the wrong company.......

And he had me working for him......................

Thank you Fish !

I found this site while googling chain saw fuel line. I have an old 16" Poulan 2075 that had rotted out line. I replaced it, but it wouldn't start. After reading this thread I realized I had the lines crossed. Changed them this morning per your post. It fires right up and I put it to work taking out some dead trees out back. I sincerely appreciate it.
Wayne

I found this site while googling chain saw fuel line. I have an old 16" Poulan 2075 that had rotted out line. I replaced it, but it wouldn't start. After reading this thread I realized I had the lines crossed. Changed them this morning per your post. It fires right up and I put it to work taking out some dead trees out back. I sincerely appreciate it.
Wayne

hi wayne welcome to AS

and yes Fish is one of the Poulan Experts just like me

Thanks for the welcome. This site is amazing. I'm not a real tree man, just an old retired guy works as part time "helper" to my brother in law's tree service. By "helper", I mean I drag brush, run the chipper, gas & oil the saws, hold ropes, etc. He does all the "tree" work.
Wayne

Last edited:
First rebuild of Wildthing

I have had my Poulan Wildthing for about 8 years and finally had to do a rebuild. The fuel lines were very tricky but thanks to this forum I got them in right. They were really rotted and the fuel filter had broken off. The back of the bulb was actually labeled with "tank" and "carburetor" so that actually worked out well. I got the carburetor repair kit and replaced the screen, needle valve, and gaskets. It started easily and ran really well. Now I have to do the same thing on my Poulan Pro 295.

Poulan 2075 Question

In the fuel tank along with the deteriorated fuel lines I found a small rubber Check Valve/duckbill valve with a star washer on it. Where does this go on the Poulan 2075?

I believe on that model, it is the tank vent in the fuel cap.

That sounds very logical. Below the top cover of the 2075 you see the fuel lines and primer bulb.
attachment.php

Last edited:
All trough the Internet I am seeing that the fuel lines are run like fish said. What I am find weird, on my 2375. I rebuilt the carb and decided to replace the lines to. It hasn't run right for years so I wanted to cover the whole fuel system. My filter was attached on the larger line to the right and to the input on the carb and the purge dumped out to the little line on the left. Could that make any difference in the way it runs? Basically it is run the way you said, just the large and little lines were switched

Latest posts

Back