Power horse splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice...good price. I've got one, had it a few years. If you can heave a round up on it, it'll bust it. I paid $1k for it brand new and has been a very good splitter. Mine still has the factory powerhorse 208cc engine, has never failed to start on the second pull. There's a gentleman named Frank on YouTube that makes a custom 4-way slip-on wedge for these models (whether Powerhorse, GNE, Brave, etc), I bought the 4-way from him...with the 7-8 sec cycle time, makes short work of rounds.

You got a great deal if it's in good shape. The dual log racks make all the difference as well. If you search 'powerwedge' on YouTube, you'll find a couple of vids from Frank about the 4-way slip-on...nice heavy welds, heavy made. His order info is on the vid(s) as well. Congrats on the purchase.

Yes I will get a video... But I can't load the picture from my phone. I am gonna do a four way wedge. It's has been sitting and runs a little rough but it doesn't smoke.

The lady I got it from said she just have the governor repaired ... It surges at the top end. I'm gonna get in it as soon as I get it home .

i have the same splitter. works great. i had surging problems with mine too but thats pretty normal for most new small cheap engines. the solution is to clean the carb really well and take a torch tip cleaner to the main jet to ream it out a bit. mine runs perfectly smooth now

Back