Power Products Thread....any and all info welcome.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hard to find much David Bradley saw info 917.60035 that uses the AH-47 engine. Did locate the Tecumseh Power Products split engine manual. Sears parts had a parts diagram but most parts are no longer available. Never found an owners manual.

Attachments

• Tecumseh 2 stroke sm.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 41
I have a Mono SL245 w/ a PP AH44. It runs, but it looks like the ring gap is right in the middle of the exhaust port. There doesn't appear to be the little "pin" that I'm used to that holds the ring in place. Does that sound strange?

On further examination, it has two rings. Possibly just one is intact and that still provides enough compression for the engine to run?

With that type of exhaust port you don't need the ring locating pin since there's never a large port it needs to cross.. pretty much all the old 2 strokes had that kind of port. Some (Titan blue streak for example) had 3 rings, 2 were compression rings, and a ring on the bottom of the piston to keep the crankcase sealed off from the exhaust port, I figure with the tighter tolerances of the new engines they didn't need it anymore since the piston was close enough to the cylinder wall it wouldn't leak significantly anyhow

Latest posts

Back