Premix 101: Oils, Ratios, and Fuel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Built by pros for "Joe's"
Give me a break. "Fisher F*ing Price.
Never found a big mid or a small big pro end that has all existing piece's that stand up.

Not in my world. Pull on the cord, look at the belly, look at the chain throws, check the chain tension, then money up or dummy up.

Here's two, one attached to a saw & one "on" a saw. LOL
I don't know where you got the idea I had one attached to a chainsaw though? It was suggested to somebody else though.
Tanks
:laugh:
You must follow the thread (I thought you knew this already, but I digress) ...........:dumb:
Its like school, you dont forget the year before when you start the next year:yes:
Now, its easy, like 1, 2, 3 ..............do OK, and you can have your little cookie - OK cupcake ?:happy:
Here we go, its laid out a little easier for you, so follow along ..............:drinkingcoffee:

Show me your "recorded their engine hours by tachometer revolutions at full revs" ie; 2100 rpm for 60 minutes = 1 hour of operation" thing on a saw.
You know the one where you said ..........
I must be old school because most of the machinery I have operated recorded their engine hours by tachometer revolutions at full revs ie; 2100 rpm for 60 minutes = 1 hour of operation, quality engine manufacturers have data on the service life of major components like cranks, Pistons & valves which relates directly to revolutions done before they will fail from stress.
You can re-read if you like, but you shouldnt have to

I base my opinions from experience in a previous life of agricultural, power generation, maritime & transport

Opinions and experience "from a previous life of agricultural, power generation, maritime & transport" dont mean spit on a saw.
I want to see your saw with this "engine hours by tachometer revolutions at full revs" installed ..............
A working example of what you purport to be "the way" to tell hours on a saw.

Thanxt !

You must follow the thread (I thought you knew this already, but I digress) ...........:dumb:
Its like school, you dont forget the year before when you start the next year:yes:
Now, its easy, like 1, 2, 3 ..............do OK, and you can have your little cookie - OK cupcake ?:happy:
Here we go, its laid out a little easier for you, so follow along ..............:drinkingcoffee:

Show me your "recorded their engine hours by tachometer revolutions at full revs" ie; 2100 rpm for 60 minutes = 1 hour of operation" thing on a saw.
You know the one where you said ..........

You can re-read if you like, but you shouldnt have to

Opinions and experience "from a previous life of agricultural, power generation, maritime & transport" dont mean spit on a saw.
I want to see your saw with this "engine hours by tachometer revolutions at full revs" installed ..............
A working example of what you purport to be "the way" to tell hours on a saw.

Thanxt !
You certainly have an interesting way of interpreting English to American which I can't understand, from what I can make out you want me to supply something that I never said existed on my chainsaw, then I supplied what you asked for
& you're still not happy. Did you not see the pictures of the tac / hour meters driven by engine revolutions which give engine hours at full working revolutions, which is one method of accurately gauging the amount of true work an engine has done, you claim to be an engineer, surely you can see the logic in relation to material fatigue & wear.

You certainly have an interesting way of interpreting English to American which I can't understand, from what I can make out you want me to supply something that I never said existed on my chainsaw, then I supplied what you asked for
& you're still not happy. Did you not see the pictures of the tac / hour meters driven by engine revolutions which give engine hours at full working revolutions, which is one method of accurately gauging the amount of true work an engine has done, you claim to be an engineer, surely you can see the logic in relation to material fatigue & wear.

Read below and it will remind you of what YOU wrote

its was the norm for engine manufacturers to measure engine hours at full operating revolutions because components will only rotate or occilate so manys time before they fail or wear out at "x" hours, as you say some engines measure it electronically once the engine is running no matter what the revs, its a more realistic idea of how much work a engine has done which is based on revs, MACK & several other manufactures such as my sawmill with an electronic system use this system. I had no idea how long it took to drain a tank of fuel until I was bored on day ripping posts for a big order & timed some tanks, try it it may surprise you. I wouldnt consider any engine idling doing any measurable work & if that was the case then it would be doing triple the work at working revs.
ta

I still await your answer with a picture of your saws with a tachometer that records hours at WOT

How many of you guys have actually put enough fuel through one saw consistently to see enough results to even have a valid opinion?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Probably not many of us but how many guys that actually use one everyday has been into saws to see what oils,fuels, tunings are doing to the inside of saws? I love guys with the attitude use and abuse the hell out of it because it makes me money!!:surprised3::dizzy::laugh:

How many of you guys have actually put enough fuel through one saw consistently to see enough results to even have a valid opinion?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Probably not many of us but how many guys that actually use one everyday has been into saws to see what oils,fuels, tunings are doing to the inside of saws? I love guys with the attitude use and abuse the hell out of it because it makes me money!!:surprised3::dizzy::laugh:

You get guys that start a saw to cut a twig once every 10 years to guys who run a saw in the hills every day plus wrench turners who dust off their tools every decade to knuckleheads who use them 12 hours every day ............... and everyone in between.

Its AS, welcome to the insanity

I port and work on my own saws. Just for the record.

I'm guna run this whole wot hours thing by the guys at the saw shop just for fun.

Back