Pro Mac 1000 Score

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidBrown1212

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm not a Mac daddy, but this saw fell in my lap. It runs and looks great! All metal 6 cube saw, something I have never held before. It was like the birth of my child. What do you all know about it? I ran several searches here, and found very limited info. I take it this is a fairly rare find. Old man who had it said it was too heavy to use, looks like was rarely fired. For a 200lb+ kid like myself it is a handful, so I understand why this rather slight man had little use for it. With solid state ignition, I was hoping this could be a regular use saw. Or this more a collectors item?

I will get you pics, as soon as I get back home. 24-48 hours. I did not have much time with it, my kids were trying to kill their mom.

I'm not a Mac daddy, but this saw fell in my lap. It runs and looks great! All metal 6 cube saw, something I have never held before. It was like the birth of my child. What do you all know about it? I ran several searches here, and found very limited info. I take it this is a fairly rare find. Old man who had it said it was too heavy to use, looks like was rarely fired. For a 200lb+ kid like myself it is a handful, so I understand why this rather slight man had little use for it. With solid state ignition, I was hoping this could be a regular use saw. Or this more a collectors item?

Nice saw but in case you didn't know it, its not really a McCulloch. It is actually a Partner P100. Parts are getting real hard to find for them so I wouldn't consider it a regular use saw. There was actually a Jonsered branded version of the Partner P100 as well called the 1020. I don't know if they were ever shipped to the US or not, I know they were in OZ and probably some places in Europe.

Nice find! A PM1000 is a torquey handful to be sure. Will pull a 36" bar easily and is a popular saw with the milling crowd. As Mark mentioned, parts aren't easy to find but it can be done.

Nice saw but in case you didn't know it, its not really a McCulloch. It is actually a Partner P100. Parts are getting real hard to find for them so I wouldn't consider it a regular use saw. There was actually a Jonsered branded version of the Partner P100 as well called the 1020. I don't know if they were ever shipped to the US or not, I know they were in OZ and probably some places in Europe.

Exactly!

A few pics for those that are curious. I have been slammed with work, so I have yet to spend much time with her.

Attachments

• IMG_20140116_175239_713.jpg
    IMG_20140116_175239_713.jpg
    973.9 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_20140116_175227_736.jpg
    IMG_20140116_175227_736.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 103
  • IMG_20140116_175209_960.jpg
    IMG_20140116_175209_960.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 93
If it is your first 6 cube saw you will be happy with it just don't get another big saw. I was not impressed so mine went down the road.

Back