Probably another black mark for anything timber related around here

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bnmc98

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
so...
We were on our way to a very popular mountain lake around here and came across this yesterday morning.

smashed truck 1.jpg smashed truck 2.jpg smashed truck 3.jpg
Two guys were walking down the road away from the scene and it looked like they had beer in there hands. Don't know if they were the culprits or not but...
This road is traveled very heavy, very popular rec area.
Whoever did this fell the tree not only across the truck but the road as well. Super dangerous and no regard for people. This is the second firewood hack incident I have seen on this road. (the other was falling trees into a parking lot with people and cars there:eek:)
This is also an area that has been suggested for timber harvesting and has strong opposition to it.

Hundreds of local and visiting cars had to drive by this and see it... when we came back, FS, Sheriff, and Highway Patrol were there.

Thanks to whoever this was for another tarnished tag on us who do it professionally and the industry over here.

It probably won't do you any good, that's for sure. The tree huggers look for any excuse and we all know that. Nothing new there.
But man, think of the karma involved. A couple of illegal, poorly skilled firewood hacks dropped the tree on their own POS truck...it just doesn't get any better than that.

It probably won't do you any good, that's for sure. The tree huggers look for any excuse and we all know that. Nothing new there.
But man, think of the karma involved. A couple of illegal, poorly skilled firewood hacks dropped the tree on their own POS truck...it just doesn't get any better than that.

So true! and with every enforcement agency there. I will be looking for the headlines later, we'll see what it stirs up.
Maybe it won't get anything said about it. Who knows.

Comprehensive insurance would consider "Act of God" circumstances.
I wounder if they would consider that Act of God, or something else......

doubt they had full coverage on it anyways.

Back