Problem with Husky 359

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JT78

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I found this piece of white plastic near the carb and found where it came from my question is will this effect anything or not.

Pic102.jpg

This is where it came from
Pic103.jpg

I believe thats for winter running, letting some warm air into the intake. Shouldn't hurt running without it, it might make your saw run a tad richer. Or put some duct tape on the hole untill you get a new one. Steve

That port is to allow some warm air into the carb box in cold weather. But it is only intended for temps that are well below freezing. If you leave it open, the saw will run hot. And if you have an E-tech 359, it's already running very hot to begin with. I would most certainly replace it.

Right, don't run the saw with that hole open when it is warmer than +5 celsius or so is what Husky says, I believe (look in the OM).

Duct tape will work well.

Fixed it with some gorilla glue it very rarely gets down to 20 degrees here so I figure I wont need to remove it. Thanks for the help.

Pic104.jpg

Right, don't run the saw with that hole open when it is warmer than +5 celsius or so is what Husky says, I believe (look in the OM).

Duct tape will work well.

Agreed...

ps. my dad once managed to fry a husky by forgetting that open when it suddenly got warm...

Back