Problems with my DHT 28 ton splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gkiesel

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello all. Well, it seem that my DHT 28ton splitter, which I like very much now has a leaking cylinder!
The pump went bad at 25hours and DHT was really good about getting me another, But now at 36 hours the cylinder is starting to leak. It gets better when it heats up but I have to put a small cup underneath the cylinder when it's in the garage.
Does any one know if these cylinders are rebuildable? 36 hours does not seem to be a very long life span for the cylinder. Thanks.

Hello all. Well, it seem that my DHT 28ton splitter, which I like very much now has a leaking cylinder!
The pump went bad at 25hours and DHT was really good about getting me another, But now at 36 hours the cylinder is starting to leak. It gets better when it heats up but I have to put a small cup underneath the cylinder when it's in the garage.
Does any one know if these cylinders are rebuildable? 36 hours does not seem to be a very long life span for the cylinder. Thanks.
call dht ,mine did the same thing and they sent me a new cylinder almost faster than I could give them my address. they really stand behind their stuff. and I do like my splitter a lot .split more than 50 chords since. call them now , you'll have it by wednesday

Good God! I've got a Lowe's Troy Built 27 ton splitter with far more than 100 hours on it and never a problem at all. Split everything from oak, eucalyptus and pine with it. Never a hiccup. I do keep it indoors though.

Well, DHT really does stand behind their products. I received my replacement cylinder the other day no charge, and they even included a box with 2 jugs of hydraulic fluid! Mine is stored indoors but, sometimes things go wrong, I think they sell a quality product. I love my 28 ton DHT. I have never been able to find a log to stop it. Cycle time is very quick and I have split many cords with this splitter. And the fact that the company is willing to stand behind me is enough to make recommend this splitter to my friends. Long live my DHT splitter!!

Back