Problems with smoke from neighbor's burn pit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have a business you probably already have an attorney that you use, maybe pop in for a quick chat to see whats legal and whats not as far as surveillance, preventative measures, what will carry weight in court, etc.

Yeah, knowing whats legal or not in your town/state will prevent further headache (though if its just your property in the video it should be no problem). Lots of advice here is coming from all over the place, but laws can be pretty specific according to the area.

And also be careful what you do and who you show the video to if you do catch them. You don't what to wreck your evidence by posting it on Facebook.

...that's when the epa paid him a visit.

Priceless!

Yep. and no more calls to the the EPA. And no more visits. Stopped him right in his tracks.
I never wished harm to the man, just that he mind his own business.
I have lived her for 50+ years, he only lived here for about 20 years, in a house that my grand parents lived in.
No one in the neighborhood was sad to see him go.

Yeah, knowing whats legal or not in your town/state will prevent further headache (though if its just your property in the video it should be no problem). Lots of advice here is coming from all over the place, but laws can be pretty specific according to the area.

And also be careful what you do and who you show the video to if you do catch them. You don't what to wreck your evidence by posting it on Facebook.

If your in public view, you might as well be standing on stage. If someone can see you and wants to look. It's on you.

I may just put a camera in the front in case they come around screaming again. I can tell when they are burning without a camera and I really don't care what else they do in their back yard as long as it stays in their back yard. There really isn't much worth protecting in the back lot. Mostly leftovers from towing that nobody ever came to get.

I haven't heard anything from them since Weds night. Maybe after they called the police out twice with no satisfaction they are starting to get the picture.

I barely react when they yell. It really pisses her off. I just sit and smile. In the future it will be sit smile and video.

I have decided not to post any pics or video that could easily identify either party

If you can't sue them, shoot them! It's the American way. Lol

Guess that makes me Unamerican. :( Those are certainly the last two outcomes I'm looking for.

Anybody see Idiocracy? I keep thinking back to my first interaction with the BND and somehow I wonder if I woke up and the English language has devolved to a mixture slangs and profanity. The way I talk, while understood , sounds condescending and effeminate. I've always felt Mike Judge was a genius but I didn't know he was a prophet.

I was just wondering about adjacent neighbours and was wondering if they have had similar problems with the filth they have to share boundaries with.
What if you were nice to them and brought over a few beverages and asked them over for a BbQ?
They might just feel a bit alienated and need some friendly contact.
If she were my neighbour, I'd totaly disarm her with my smile and my radiant blue eyes.
Turn the other cheek, she might be an ok gal, even though her hubby sounds like a dweeb.
Twer me, I'd put the wood to her, as in railroad ties burning in a barrel.

I think it will all iron out. She may have other issues, so take the wind out her sails by being nice to her. You can attact more bees with honey than than you can with vinegar.

The other neighbor is a second hand store and is upwind. We are in a commercially zoned area. The BND, in some of her screaming fits, has told me that the people at the store told her had been throwing trash on her property for years:confused:

So much for good neighbors.

it probably went down more like the BND ranting in the store and the people agreeing with her so she would leave.

In any case I'm not going to them for help.

I was just wondering about adjacent neighbours and was wondering if they have had similar problems with the filth they have to share boundaries with.
What if you were nice to them and brought over a few beverages and asked them over for a BbQ?
They might just feel a bit alienated and need some friendly contact.
If she were my neighbour, I'd totaly disarm her with my smile and my radiant blue eyes.
Turn the other cheek, she might be an ok gal, even though her hubby sounds like a dweeb.
Twer me, I'd put the wood to her, as in railroad ties burning in a barrel.
I think it will all iron out. She may have other issues, so take the wind out her sails by being nice to her. You can attact more bees with honey than than you can with vinegar.

One has to stop and think. That person may be under extreme pressure from all directions. And there at there whits end. You may be straw that broke the Camel's back. So the vented there anger on you.
Been there done that.
Some places tend to considerate heavy smoke in valleys or atmospheric conditions.
I try to wait till the conditions let smoke go strait up and not linger and hang in the air, low to the ground.

Man what a night! At one point I was seeing 3 monitors and 2 keyboards.
Lets just say I was lit!
For being so hammer'ed, I didn't do so bad. lol
My oligopolies if you were offended.
It was Saturday night and I had been dealing with flooding for 4 days.
So I flooded my blood with alcohol.
Good times!!! lol

>So I flooded my blood with alcohol.

:surprised3:

>So I flooded my blood with alcohol.

:surprised3:
Yep, and I did it a good job of it.
I'm not a drinker, In fact I really don't drink at all.
I'm allergic to it.
But once every 10 years I just say what the hell.
Trust me I'm feeling the worst part now the next day.
I guess everyone needs to cut loose every now and then

Man what a night! At one point I was seeing 3 monitors and 2 keyboards.
Lets just say I was lit!
For being so hammer'ed, I didn't do so bad. lol

I changed my avatar:
What ya think?

I think it doesn't matter whether you're sober or drunk - your spelling still sucks!!! :laugh::laugh:

There are always 3 sides to a story. Unless there are whiteness.

latest

I think it doesn't matter whether you're sober or drunk - your spelling still sucks!!! :laugh::laugh:

Hey! I'm not the one that created a language that is on of the hardest to master.
Some words are spelled the same but have different meanings. Letters that different meanings.
If your offended by my spellin, just move along. The spelling police are arrogant and full of themselves.
Did you have something to contribute to the thread, or are you just bragging?

Lots of good advice here but I think it's worth repeating some. 1) Seek councle on the issue, 2) know the trespassing laws (you might not be able to get them on trespassing if you don't have "No Trespassing" signs up), 3) continue to build a legal record with law enforcement if their harassing continues, 4) document economic losses as a result of their shenanigans, 4) use video for securits and documation every chance you can (including audio!), 5) don't participate/rebuttal, and 6) keep us up to date lol. GL

Latest posts

Back