Propane prices?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I paid $1.35 a gallon, in October, for 500 gallons.. Not sure what the current price is but it generally jumps $.50-$1.00 a gallon during the winter, depending on the weather.

$0.95 in June last year with 250 gallons. I top up in the summer or when prices seem to be bottomed out. 2 years ago I held out 2 years for prices to stabilize.

Only use propane for summer water heat, dryer, stove and house if on vacation.

Cash price of $1.04/gal last Friday...500gal purchase. That is a pretty good price for the middle of winter so you know it has been a warm winter so far.
Same price here. Looks like Obama forgot to sell all our nation's propane to China again. Hope Barry keeps up the good work. Wait a minute, he still has a few days to do it again.

I paid 89.9 cents for my semi-annual fill on 12/18. At that price I really should turn off the electric heat and burn propane
That is incredible -- lowest price I have seen in years. I recall in 1982 when I worked for NNG (Northern Natural Gas) that propane was sitting on 85 cents a gallon. That was 35 years ago. Natural gas was about $2.90 per MCF for Minnesota residential customers at the time.

When I was in HS in the 90's I think LP was forty or so cents a gallon.

Our cabin has an old propane boiler that's really inefficient. It will guzzle 400 gallons in a cold month. We have an electric boiler with propane backup when I'm not there. Plus a propane fireplace, range, and water heaters. So it's usually only filled once with a top off in the spring.

I thought I was doing good at 1.74. Last time I got it filled last September it was 1.95. That's pretty cheap 89.9 a gallon. I know living in New York we have some of the highest taxes and gas prices seems like propane is the same way.

I filled my bbq tank yesterday. $2.69 gal. I had two 30lb tanks I wanted filled, but they where out of inspection. They wanted about $50 to do the inspection, change out the valves to the new style, and fill with gas. I decided I didnt need them right now. Only reason I bought any gas was because I am trying to finish the sheet rock in my carport and this cold weather isnt letting me do any work

Got 400 gal @ $1.95 end of December in Knoxville. Seems like the further north you are the less you pAy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No idea, I only use it in the BBQer and a tank lasts a few years.

Gas and diesel at the pump are 2.71, off road is 2.20 if you buy at least 400 gals.

I filled my bbq tank yesterday. $2.69 gal. I had two 30lb tanks I wanted filled, but they where out of inspection. They wanted about $50 to do the inspection, change out the valves to the new style, and fill with gas. I decided I didnt need them right now. Only reason I bought any gas was because I am trying to finish the sheet rock in my carport and this cold weather isnt letting me do any work

Huh. One of my tanks is from 1991, they still fill it.

Back