Protein Bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffsaw

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Does anyone have a protein or granola type bar that they'd recommend as a good snack or even a supplement?
Thanks in advance.

I had some Kroger brand. They didn't have as quite much protein as something like the Cliff bars...but there was still aot...and they were also more like .40, each instead of over a buck a piece. I thought they tasted good and didn't have too much sugar.

If you have a store that sells road racing bicycles/ kit ask about the gel & energy bars that the riders get handed up in races, or do a bit of Googling & go on line

I do a protein shake.
I call it the pennut butter jelly shake.
Weigh protein one scope
Frozen beries one cup
One spoon of pennut butter powder
Ice and almond milk.
Blend and into my yetI 75.

Those bars my doc told me to stay away from them.
Sugar and starch.

I do the belvita breakfast biscuits and a bannana mid morning, usually as we are walking the first or second job, late lunch, shop, beers!

Trail mix is my favorite, but some how I manage to go through a whole bag in a couple of days. Dried fruit is always good. From my racing days I got used to having a few power bars around for emergency situations. Oatmeal raisin cookies minus some of the sugar is nice to have around. There are some pretty good healthy crackers if you look for them. Thanks

Latest posts

Back