PSA: $4.99 bar & chain oil at Menards right now

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwasifar

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Five bucks a gallon:
cam2.png

This concludes the public service announcement.

I bought a gallon last time it was on sale for this price. Haven't tried it yet tho, anybody tried it? What do you think of it?

me neither here downunder.
best I can get is $20 for 4L ??? bar oil.
using a concoction in the mill aux of 15-40w, stihl bar oil & diesel to clean the tuart sap off
would 30w be any cheaper?

I bought a gallon last time it was on sale for this price. Haven't tried it yet tho, anybody tried it? What do you think of it?
I tried a gallon a few years ago.Worked fine,but I paid double that price!

I bought another off brand of Menard's discount stuff a month ago for the same price. It was real THIN. Probably be OK at -20.

That's what we use here usually. It's either in a green or black jug, Poulan. It's pretty darn thick, need to thin it out a bit unless it's maybe 80* outside (almost never here!) but at $9 a gallon it's priced right.

After buying all my bar oil at Mills Fleet, I was reading this post and telling my friend about the 4.99 bar oil, one said if I happen to go down to the next town stop at Menards and pick him up five gallons. After a day of splitting wood, I decided to take the wife out for supper. Yep! Drove by Menards, picked up 10 gallons of bar oil for two friends and 5 gal of hyd oil for my splitter. I saw they had a 3oT splitter there for around 900.00 Looks like it was made by Speco bunch. Anyway, The Cam2 is a All Season Oil and well worth the price. Thanks for the heads up..

Back