Question about 066 clutch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tugmyroo

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi guys i have a question about my replacement 066 clutch. it looks like the new one is smaller in width is it sill okay to use?

Attachments

• 20160627_180801.jpg
    20160627_180801.jpg
    748 KB · Views: 21
your new clutch is the newest version for the 066/660. lighter shoes engage at a higher RPM and springs with an added coil. i like the old one better when they are new but they suck when they get worn cause you pretty well gotta idle the saw down to 2400 to stop the chain from spinning and sometimes lower. replacing the springs hardly help since the shoes where the spring connect wear a groove making new springs pretty well pointless. either work fine. wish stihl could come up with something as tough as the husky 390 clutches. it's about the only thing weaker about them compared to the 390 though lol

Okay thanks sweet guys I didn't know if I should take it back to the dealership or not I paid $120 for it so I just wanted to make sure that it's the right one. It's funny how they say that they're making things lighter instead of saying we're cutting on costs as I get older these things are annoying me more and more. What's the point of paying top dollar. The holes on my old clutch are starting to elongate so I figured it was time to purchase a new one. I think I will just find replacement shoes for my old one

just so everyone knows, the hutzl copies of the new version clutch work just fine for way less $. i got a few buddies with alot of hours on them. even the springs hold up and if you get a dud where the springs go for **** you can just install OEM springs. so far i haven't seen the spring that come on then **** up though.

Back