Question about Stihl serial numbers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool it was made in Virginia Beach but with it being tagged an AV Super would the displacement not be around 51 or 53 cc.

Thanks,

Acres site does not list an 028 AV Super..so I went with the 028 AV type two..later model

The original 028 AV of 1977 was 43 cc's

The 028 AV "Super Woodboss" was also 47 cc's..this from my 1990 Stihl catalog.

When the 029 came out in 1993 it was 54.1 cc's
:cheers:
J2F

anyone have anything on 149403350 ?

Stihl customer support at 800-610-6677
comes back with NO production data on the saw itself
since their records only go back to 1999 and he says it seems to be older.

and when he checks registration data it show up as a FS106 trimmer ;-)
rather than a magnum....

Last edited:

All that tells me is that it is a US made (Virginia Beach) saw, but the numbers after the first "2" (for US) will mean something to someone that keeps a track of the numbers - they aren't just pulled out of thin air, even though they aren't directly decodable.

pappapjim

All that tells me is that it is a US made (Virginia Beach) saw, but the numbers after the first "2" (for US) will mean something to someone that keeps a track of the numbers - they aren't just pulled out of thin air, even though they aren't directly decodable.

I contacted stihl and they told me this number was before their numbers were maintained and the saw was made sometime before 1999. Thanks for your help

Hello all,

This is my first post here but I thought I'd ask as I have two cases that I would like to work on but want a solid ID before I begin...

First #: 11280210761

Second#: 11220210764

Thank you.

Neither one comes back as a valid SN. Post up pics and we can likely identify them.

Thank you for the reply... I think they DID'NT come back cause im an ass hat and those are the crank case #'s not the Serial numbers...

Can I get any information from those #'s? I will have to get some good photos of the SN later...

Thank you again.

Did they ever have letters in the serial numbers? I have an 036, the best I can see, is: 226F00879?? Also, anyone one this serial #: 176278201. Thanks

From what I understand Stihl can tell you who the original purchaser was by the serial# whereas husky doesn't keep these kind of records unless you have the receipt.

Did they ever have letters in the serial numbers? I have an 036, the best I can see, is: 226F00879?? Also, anyone one this serial #: 176278201. Thanks
The second saw serial number was a 660 purchased in Aug 2013. They never had letters in the serial numbers, so the first one is going to have to take some more looking.
From what I understand Stihl can tell you who the original purchaser was by the serial# whereas husky doesn't keep these kind of records unless you have the receipt.
Only if the selling dealer, or the purchaser, registered the saw for warranty.

The second saw serial number was a 660 purchased in Aug 2013. They never had letters in the serial numbers, so the first one is going to have to take some more looking.

Only if the selling dealer, or the purchaser, registered the saw for warranty.

Thanks

I inherited a saw from a friend of mines family after he passed. The cover over the air filter has a 311y sticker on it but the Mennonite gentleman who runs a small engine shop just a few miles from me says it's a bigger saw.... Maybe a 440 or even a 660. The serial number (if I'm correct) is 160988571. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi I am new to this forum.

I have been given a Stihl 028 AV Super Serial # 222410541.
If I could get some info that would be great.

Thanks in Advance
I traded for one of these the other day, It's not a Super it's 44mm but I'm changing it to 46mm. I would love to know about what year model it is for the sake of parts and my own curiosity. My cover says Wood Boss 028 AV & something about electronic. Serial #212616761

Back