Questions on Stihl 034 AV Electric Quickstop

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it may be worth a try. I'll look it up in my owner's manual to see what the warranty was back then.

Now days, according to Stihl USA's website, Chain saws carry Stihl's Limited Warranty which is 1 year for private owners and 90 days if the saw is used professionally. The only item mentioned for lifetime coverage to the original owner is clutch shoes on trimmers and brush cutters.

Now days, according to Stihl USA's website, Chain saws carry Stihl's Limited Warranty which is 1 year for private owners and 90 days if the saw is used professionally. The only item mentioned for lifetime coverage to the original owner is clutch shoes on trimmers and brush cutters.

Nope.. there is more. Ignition is a separate warranty - either lifetime or 5 years depending on the model. Also, all "emisson components" are two years.

The 034 0000 400 1300 modile is lifetime.

Where may I find this separate ignition warranty documentation? I cannot locate it on their website -- the limited warranty language I posted previously.
Cannot locate in the owner's or Chain Saw Safety manuals that came with the saw, either.

My Stihl was built in West Germany, back in the cold war days when there were two Germanys. I bought it based on it's reputation and not for how much warranty came with it.

I fully expect an argument if I showed up at Goodsell's, receipt in hand, and say to them "gimme my money back -- you owe me a free one! Fork it on over."

Goodsell's will have the warranty information as part of their dealer manual. I'll see if I can find it in ours on Thursday.

If you want more info in-hand, call Stihl and they will explain it or send you something.

I warranty one or two of these exact coils a month.

Did you go in and ask to buy a coil, or did you take your saw in and ask them what to do?

Thanks!

Hi John,

The user that posted the question hasn't been on this site for 18 months. I assume you didn't notice that, but your information will still be helpful to others and welcome to the site

I've got a ton of info from this thread as I'm resurecting one of these saws. It seems someone, somehow grenaded the clutch, and it wiped out the oil pump. My local Stihl dealer (Ed's Rentals, Sicklerville NJ) had all of the parts in stock. Thanks to all for the info!

G'day and Bump.

Great info guys and thanks heaps. I have only just come into this saw as I had a domestic saw and it just didn't do what i needed.

This saw cuts beautifully and is an excellent example of oldie but a goodie.:msp_thumbup:

Back