Rate my wood pile!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cool515

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
My buddy and I were gonna start a website, ratemywoodpile.com because we're overly impressed with the levels people go to, to stack simple firewood. I myself am a bit "anal" and don't like my hardwoods mixed. Obviously I keep my cured wood away from my new splits and I am partial to fruit wood. I burn in a fireplace, so the aroma and burn of the wood plays a critical part in my evening. Ladies love a good fire, its cozy, warm and welcoming. That being said. I offer my left over stacks from this past winter.
That's Cherry on the left, very aromatic, hot burning. Black Walnut on the right, musky, slower burning. The little junk piles are Mulberry, heavy, slow burning. Boxelder and Ash. Both of those are hot, and fast burning. Two of my favs to burn are any type of oak, for the coals and shag bark hickory. I never cover my piles as the dampness makes the wood burn(smolder) longer and you get more from it. So am I alone?View attachment 291119View attachment 291120View attachment 291122

no, you are not alone. theres a whole bunch of anal woodburners on this site. join the club. BTW the piles look good,nothin better than PA firewood

you get an A- but only because of the school bus in the pics:msp_smile:

I'm with Blazin...... you get a 5. Sure, it's stacked nice enough, but thats what??? Three weeks worth of wood for January here?? :msp_biggrin:

I'm with Blazin...... you get a 5. Sure, it's stacked nice enough, but thats what??? Three weeks worth of wood for January here?? :msp_biggrin:

Yeah but, he did that with his own hands? Not stolen from his MIL's wood pile I'm assuming :msp_unsure:

Wood chips are at the splitting area. I drink beer from bottles or keg taps, not cans, so there is no litter I can lay claim to. Does that make me a beer snob?

:givebeer::cheers::givebeer::cheers:

Rate my wood pile.

Ready for next season.
1z2de7p.jpg

Interesting. Never cribbed an entire row before, usually just the ends. Am I missing something here?
Looks great and if it works for ya, "do it 'til it hurts".

Last edited:
View attachment 291161View attachment 291162View attachment 291163View attachment 291164You get a C. When you start milling your splits to length with a CNC and stacking with a laser, like this guy, then you get an A!:msp_biggrin:

Previous to seeing these pics, spidey had solid grade A stacks, after, hmmm, B+. Sorry spidey :msp_unsure:

Thanks... I was just about to post some pics. And then I see someone already posted them :redface:

I am a Newb here as far as posting. I have about 10,000 posts on "Another" Forum (Fire, stove, wood, saw related) So to see someone copy my photos? I am humbled. Thank you for your compliment.

View attachment 291170

Back